- Temporary full time for 4 months with a possibility of an extension
- Salary in the range of $82,102 to $89,042 per annum excluding superannuation.
- Salary & Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women (DCSYW) other benefits outlined in the work for us section of our website
Adventure Intervention Officer, Dept. Child Safety, Youth and Women, The Outlook, Boonah
- Implement relevant actions identified in The Outlook Business Plan
- Deliver Adventure Based Learning (ABL) programs for young offenders or those at risk of offending behaviour
- Design, develop & evaluate ABL programs linked to case management objectives
- Deliver & assess training in ABL for staff who work with young offenders
- Knowledge, experience and skills in youth justice frameworks
- Establish effective relationships with youth justice service centres by providing on-program mentoring support & by developing & delivering adventure interventions
- Manage risk in relation to staff & participants & comply with any legislation, industry standards, policies & procedures
- Undertake all administrative tasks relevant to program & training delivery
Technical/Role Specific Capabilities
Qualifications are not mandatory but skills and experience in the following will be an advantage:
- Current instructor level accreditation in two outdoor activities.
- Outdoor Leader Registration Scheme (NOLRS)).
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent.
- Certificate IV in Work Place Training and Assessment.
- Certificate IV in Youth Justice.
Successful applicants who do not initially possess the above will be supported to obtain these qualifications.
Experience in design, facilitation, risk management and evaluation of Adventure-Based Learning programs.
Two years experience in the human service industry and can demonstrate experience in an area that involves one of the following, youth, small group work leading to behavioral change, personal development and/or therapeutic change; and case management.
(Specified – Applicants will need to provide a reference from a member of an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander community.)
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-302335-19. Job Ad Reference: QLD/302335/19.
Closing date: Monday, 25 February 2019.