Salary: $65,000 – $70,000 pa. + super
Full-time, fixed-term position for 12 months with extension based on performance review
Kokoda Youth Foundation (KYF) is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-Profit Commission (ACNC) holding Public Benevolent Institution (PBI) status. It exists to transform the lives of young Australians through the Spirit of Kokoda.
KYF has three main areas of operation; Kokoda Challenge Events, Kokoda Challenge Youth Program and Camp Kokoda Outdoor Education.
Camp Kokoda is a leading provider of journey-based Outdoor Education programs that annually hosts more than 3000 school children. The diverse range of fun and challenging outdoor activities stimulate a sense of adventure outside familiar comfort zones, which empowers self-belief and discovery.
The 660-acre property is situated on the western shores of Maroon Dam, containing 6 self-sufficient campsites with multiple activity sites. All programs are expedition style programs.
Purpose of the role
The Camp Kokoda Operations Manager is an exciting opportunity for a ‘hands on’ highly motivated individual to join the Camp Kokoda team. We are looking for an experienced professional person to join our small team at Camp Kokoda to help facilitate and manage the day to day Program operations.
Reporting to the Camp Director and managing a diverse team of predominantly casual instructors, applicants will need to be able to problem solve, self-motivate, be flexible, enjoy interacting with a diverse range of staff, clients, suppliers and stakeholders and have a passion for working with our younger school aged generation.
To be successful in this role, you must be someone who enjoys working in the great outdoors, working collaboratively, and is not afraid of hard work. Your creative solution focused approach combined with a passion for connecting with people, the outdoors and the environments you work in will serve you well where no day is ever the same!
Key duties (including but not limited to)
- Client / customer service and supporting new lead generation
- Staff rostering & training
- Gear inventory & quarterly inspections
- Program/report writing and activity development
Key selection criteria
- Outdoor education or recreational program planning and program facilitation skills.
- Understanding of windows applications including, Access, Word, Excel and drop box;
- Program design and delivery experience
- Previous experience managing staff
- A variety of field experiences with varied age groups
- Flexibility in work hours & prepared to be on call
- Sound understanding of WH&S and risk management practices
- Recognised Outdoor Education/recreation qualifications
- Wilderness First Aid
- Current drivers licence and Working With Children Check (or the ability to acquire)
- A minimum of 4 years industry Experience
- Previous management role, coordination experience in Outdoor Education
- Previous experience in administration, planning programs and staff/program logistics.
Further information and to apply
For further information and a copy of the Position Description contact Laura Skinner at email@example.com
To apply please provide a cover letter, your CV, and a statement addressing the key selection criteria to Laura Skinner at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Thursday, 1st August 2019.