Brief description of job role
This is a wonderful opportunity lead a brand new senior leadership team in the Malmsbury Camp, alongside Bec Fox, a business and leadership coach for camps, and with expertise for over 30 years who will remain the Director of Camp. This is an opportunity for a fresh start, a chance to contribute directly to the culture and innovation of new programs, build business and restore vision and foundations at the Doxa Youth Foundation Malmsbury Campsite. It is an opportunity to work with an organisation that is passionate about helping the neediest youth in Victoria. Doxa Youth Foundation is a for-purpose organisation that exists for the benefit of young people. We have been in operation since 1972 and our camping programs support over 5,000 young Victorians each year. We specialise working with young people from really challenging life circumstances. Everyone is different but this could be financial hardship, under-employment in the family or from newly arrived migrant and/or refugee status. Our aim at Malmsbury Camp is to provide exciting adventure programs, a safe and welcoming environment, and lots of fun for everyone who comes through our doors.
Our Malmsbury Camp is Doxa Youth Foundation’s jewel and offers high quality outdoor recreation camps for the youth and community. We run bespoke school camps, journey-based camps, school holiday and weekend programs. We operate with a small team of passionate individuals who foster a culture of excellence, professionalism and fun. We are like one large family so are looking not only for a highly skilled outdoor educator, but also a person who is the right match to be our Program Coordinator in our team. If you are energetic, fun loving, committed to bring your best self to camp everyday, passionate about working with mutli-cultural and the neediest youth in Victoria, love flexible work life, can contribute to a supportive workplace, and have a positive open mindset you are what we are looking for!
This is a full-time, new and dynamic role for someone with proven leadership, business acumen, marketing, high communication skills and organisational skills to lead the team at the centre. We are looking for the ideal fit. We seek a person with strong zest for life, boundless energy, passion, positivity, growth mindset, innovation, and a person who is extremely good at prioritising, juggling multiple things at once, problem solving and excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven leadership, management or group facilitation skills essential. Camp-based experience preferable.
Key duties – outline/list of key duties
Doxa Malmsbury Manager is an integral part of the Doxa Youth Foundation senior management, and is responsible for the of overseeing daily operations and excellence in delivery and service. The role will be responsible for OH&S, have KPIs with financials and booking growth, rostering staff and overall camp facility compliance and accreditation. The programs include journey-based experiences, holiday, weekend services and school camp programs.
The Doxa Malmsbury Manager will be responsible for, but not limited:
- Retention and growth of client services and bookings with a defined niche of the top 30% SFFOE groups. (the neediest youth in Victoria)
- Financial management and budgeting
- Program design, client service and innovation
- Logistical support and management
- Centre OH&S
- Adventure Activity Standards and SOPs
- Training and induction of all staff
- Rostering staff
- Leading programs if required
- Marketing /PR and liaison with community
- Booking and Client Service
- Business innovation and initiative
- Report writing and data entry
- Office organisation and planning
- Excellence in time managment and prioritising
- Managing staff and morale
- Growth mindset
- Accreditation and OH&S compliance.
- Victorian Police Check
- Victorian Children Check (Blue Card)
- Cert IV OR or Degree in Business, Education or similar industry
- First Aid and CPR (preferable Wilderness First Aid)
- Drivers licence.
- Bus licence
- Chief Warden or Warden
- Low and High Ropes Supervisor
- Canoe/kayak qualifications
- Rockclimbing and abseiling qualifications
- OH&S Officer.
- Demonstrated a minimum of 5 years managing business, camp management or a similar role
- Expertise in OH&S including writing risk management and Safety Procedures
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience in developing and delivering training
- Demonstrated expertise in financial management
- Experience in strategic planning
- Experience in safety, compliance and Accreditation
- Proficient in report writing, presentations, PR, marketing and communication.
- Experience with ATAP accreditation
- Experience with Journey based and residential based camp experiences.
Details of how/where to obtain full position description
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a PD.
Remuneration attractive and above award. The remuneration will be on a sliding scale based on experience starting from $75 plus superannuation. Most importantly, you are the right fit, with a strong work ethic, passion for youth, to manage, mentor and lead others, be accountable to meet KPIs, and deliver exceptional programs. This will be a fresh start across the board of programs so it’s an exciting opportunity to grow and adapt existing programs to produce great outcomes
Please call Bec Fox for further information on 0407 915 300.
Please send your current CV, 3 referees and address all the Selection Criteria to be considered for application to email@example.com. We will interview as we receive applications.
Applications remain open until a suitable applicant is sought.
Commencement mid-late January 2020 is our preference.