Camp Kokoda is owned and operated under Kokoda Youth Foundation. It is an Australian Accredited facility located in South East QLD. We offer a journey-based expedition style outdoor education program on our 660 acres as well as neighboring properties and national parks. Clients include primary and secondary students as well as community groups.
Programs are challenging, journey-based experiences designed to achieve meaningful outcomes focusing on the development of the individual, the group and their relationship with the natural environment. Adventure learning tools include; initiative tasks, high/low ropes course, Giants ladder, Giant swing, abseiling, Free Fall, Flying Fox, Sugar Glider, Canoeing, Raft building, Archery and expeditions.
Experience in leading and instructing a variety of ages, abilities and backgrounds and in providing safe, challenging and personally rewarding adventure. It is important that the applicant has a mature, professional outlook and enjoys being a member of a team.
- Rock Climbing/Abseiling Instruction and associated rescue procedures
- Adventure-based Programming – Principles and application
- Remote Area First Aid is a minimum, Leaders Wilderness Remote First Aid is preferred.
- High/Low ropes qualifications
- Manual drivers licence
- Working with children blue card.
Successful applicants will be responsible for the following program components:
- Community Living: The management of groups in an isolated bush setting.
- Personal Challenge: Instruction and safe implementation of high and low adventure activities including: roping activities, Canoeing, guidance of participants at an activity site, risk assessment and evacuation procedures.
- Group Initiative: To conduct a range of initiative activities and debrief these according to the aims and objectives of each group.
For further information and to apply contact:
PO Box 424, Boonah, QLD, 4310
Phone: (07) 5463 2203
Applications close: Friday, 21 December 2018.