Mittagundi is an independent not for profit organisation established nearly 40 years ago to provide opportunities to young people from all walks of life to live and enjoy the challenges of a remote and simple lifestyle.
The Director role is immensely challenging and rewarding and offers a truly unique lifestyle and the opportunity to facilitate life changing courses for young participants (14 to 17 yo). As the Director you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of Mittagundi and executing the strategy set down by the Mittagundi Council.
Past Directors have commented on how much the role has changed their lives and the influential experiences that they encountered during their time at Mittagundi. The position draws on a range of skills – educational, outdoor (hiking, group leading, rafting, etc), practical (milking cows!) with the responsibility of running a small successful non-profit organisation. No single day will be the same and as a Director you will find yourself doing things that you never would have expected.
- Foster the spirit that makes Mittagundi work so effectively
- Implement and build on the Strategic Direction Plan for Mittagundi
- Manage the operations of Mittagundi
- Select, manage and work with the Mittagundi staff
- Find and work with the young people involved
- Maintain and expand the Mittagundi “network” and fundraising activities
Key qualifications & personal traits include:
- Experience working with young people, preferably in the outdoors
- Experience in leadership and management of a team
- Highly-developed communication and people skills
- Passionate about the Mittagundi lifestyle and philosophy
- An awareness of safety issues and risk-management strategies appropriate for the setting
- Highly motivated and pride in what you do
- Resilience and adaptability
- Current Driver’s Licence – unrestricted manual
- National Police and Victorian Working With Children’s checks
- A sense of fun, wonder and adventure
- Willingness to learn.
Please visit our website to obtain full Position Description: http://www.mittagundi.org.au/jobs/
Please address the key qualifications and personal traits as well as many of the other dynamics described in the job description as relevant to your experience.
Include contact details for at least three Referees
Send applications via email to Council Chair, Mike Heffernan: email@example.com
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence
Interviews will be scheduled with applicant shortly after application has been submitted
For more information contact Mike Heffernan: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0417 502 331.
Applications close: Wednesday, 31 May 2017.