Now under new ownership, Edmund Park is seeking a motivated staff member to grow with the business. With recent renovations to the venue, along with the installation of a wide range of new activities, Edmund Park is ready to re-open. This would be a great career move to develop a business from the ground up and be part of re-establishing Edmund Park as a leader in the outdoor education arena.
Along with your extensive experience as an outdoor education professional, you will need to have a hands-on, can-do anything approach to every day. You will be the first staff member of the new Edmund Park team, and we welcome your creative input and your desire to succeed.
Our ideal applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive experience in the outdoor education field covering a wide range of activity disciplines
- Sound understanding of operational and risk management protocols in line with accepted industry practise
- Sound business acumen and the ability to think outside of the box to generate ground-breaking strategies for the growth of the business
- Exceptional customer service with high level written and verbal skills
- The highest ethical standards
- The ability to thrive under pressure
- Your willingness to undertake any task required.
This role is a live-in on-site position and is multi-faceted. The duties will also evolve over time as the business grows so your flexibility is imperative. Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, business development, administration, programming and activity development, safety management, staff rostering and supervision, and caretaking duties. Here’s a list of our requirements for the role:
- Strategically support the continuous development and improvement of our services
- Actively develop ideas for school outdoor education programs
- Actively pursue user groups for bookings for 2018 and beyond
- Assist with ongoing activity projects, site maintenance, and other projects
- In consultation with the Owner, develop marketing strategies and campaigns to attract business (this includes school and non-school user groups)
- Co-ordinate, roster and support staff required in all departments for the delivery of our services to clients
- Design quality programs and ensure delivery of service at a high standard and within a set budget
- Ensure that the programs support the outcomes of the school and align to industry accepted safety standards
- Adhere to Edmund Park’s standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments for outdoor activities and review as required
- Develop operating procedures and risk management for new activities
- Recognise potential risks and emergency situations and coordinate relevant action
- Ongoing review of all adventure activity sites and equipment
- Coordinate and instruct activities for programs scheduled
- School visits where required
- Coordinate logistics with suppliers
- Maintenance and cleaning duties as required (Please note: this role will include general caretaking duties including mowing)
Qualifications / Minimum requirements:
- Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation, or proven industry experience to a high level
- 4+ years’ experience in this industry
- Food handlers certificate would be advantageous, or ability to gain this qualification if successful
- Business generation is a high priority of this role, so prior sales/business development experience would be highly regarded
- Possession of a Blue Card for suitability for working with children, or ability to acquire, on successful placement
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia on a full-time ongoing basis at the time of application, and be prepared to commit to living on-site at the venue.
An attractive package will be offered, including salary, accommodation, mobile phone, use of car, and other benefits.
Applications will be considered immediately and the position will remain open until a suitable candidate is appointed. Initial interviews for interstate or distant candidates will be conducted by telephone/skype.
If you are looking for a company that will value you and support your career development, and if you have the attributes and skills to succeed in this role, please apply now!
Send your resume along with your supporting statement as to why you are the right person for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com