The Forest Education Foundation:
The Forest Education Foundation (FEF) is a not-for-profit educational institution staffed by qualified and experienced teachers. The FEF provides educational resources, classroom programs, field trips, as well as professional learning opportunities for teachers at a range of forest and industry sites across Tasmania. All programs connect with the Australian Curriculum, particularly in the areas of Science, Geography and Design and Technologies and are individually tailored in consultation with teachers to meet the specific needs of school groups.
About the Role:
The Forest Education Foundation is seeking suitably experienced casual Education Officers to deliver education programs to school groups across a range of sites and year levels (Years K-12) in Tasmania (positions available in the north and south of the state).
- Deliver school and field-based learning programs for students ranging from K-12.
- Collaborate with FEF teachers to design and develop engaging student learning activities in accordance with the Australian Curriculum and which meet the FEF’s guiding principles.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualification or experience in education, environmental sciences and/or environmental interpretation are desired.
- Current registration for Working with Vulnerable People, or eligibility to register
- Provide First Aid qualification
- Manual driver’s license
This is a casual fixed-term position for an initial period of 1 year. The position involves variable and flexible hours.
An hourly rate will be negotiated with the successful applicant subject to qualification and experience.
If you would like to apply for this position or seek further information please contact:
Forest Education Foundation
c/- 70 Hampden Rd
Battery Point TAS 7004
Ph: 0417 532 058
Applications close: Tuesday, 26th February 2019 at 6pm.