About the organisation
Mount Baw Baw Alpine Resort and Lake Mountain Alpine Resort form part of the Southern Alpine Resort Management Board. The Board is a statutory body of the Victorian Government and facilitates the development, promotion, management and use of the Resorts whose responsibilities and functions are prescribed by the Alpine Resorts (Management) Act 1997. Our aim is to exceed the expectations of our visitors at all times, during both the winter (white season) and summer (green season).
Lake Mountain Alpine Resort is Australia’s Premier Cross-Country Ski Resort, located only 2 hours from the heart of Melbourne’s CBD. Delivering all year round adventure to approximately 200,000 visitors each year.
About the role
The Events and Marketing Officer will be responsible for contributing, delivering, developing and implementing sales of packages of corporate group events, other groups and businesses, including the delivery of providing a high level of visitor satisfaction. The incumbent will have well developed skills and experience in outdoor activities and or event management in order to provide outstanding customer service. They will be an enthusiastic, passionate professional and be able to efficiently lead a team and be able to work independently.
What we need
- At least 2 years’ experience in event management and or outdoor education or similar
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Current Drivers Licence (manual preferred)
- Experience leading a team
- Experience working independently
- Excellent time management skills to identify and prioritise workloads to meet deadlines
- Flexibility in work roles and hours, including a requirement to work weekends and public holidays as needed for events/programs.
- Alpine industry knowledge and/or experience an advantage.
- The position is subject to a satisfactory Police Check, Working with Children’s Check and a Drug and Alcohol test.
- The incumbent will be required to work weekends as needed for events/programs.
- Salary will be based on a Band 4 of the Lake Mountain Alpine Resort Enterprise Agreement 2005.
Only applications that have addressed the Key Selection Criteria and provided a copy of their CV/Resume will be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For a copy of the Position description, please email email@example.com
Applications close: Friday, 16 November 2018 at 6.00pm.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Southern Alpine Resort Management Board is an equal opportunity employer.