Salary range: $95,000 – $105,000 pa. (includes super)
12 month contract position
- Exciting new leadership opportunity
- Flexible work arrangements
Outdoors NSW (ONSW) is the peak body for the outdoor sector in NSW. The go-to place for all things outdoors in NSW, the organisation represents the outdoor community, advances outdoor standards, safety and practices, and fosters greater participation in the outdoors. ONSW is a member based organisation providing advocacy, information services, sector coordination, representation, research and policy development.
On behalf of ONSW this exciting new role will lead the development of a sustainable outdoor recreation sector that is valued by the community and government. Bringing a passion for the outdoors, this role will be the key driver leading the development and implementation of strategies to support future growth of the outdoor recreation sector.
The key responsibilities include:
- Implement the strategic plan
- Build the membership base
- Secure sustainable revenue streams for ONSW
- Develop strategic partnerships
- Manage ONSW operations
- Represent NSW Outdoor community on National bodies and working groups.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrated leadership capability to inspire teams and the wider community
- Demonstrated record in working effectively with a Board of Management at a senior management level
- Demonstrated senior management capability within a complex operating environment
- Experience in developing multi-year strategic, financial and business plans including demonstrated ability to attract, manage and acquit government and non-government funds
- Demonstrated capability to build professional relationships and strategic partnerships with diverse groups, including government, sector organisations and peak bodies, media, practitioners, volunteers and community
- Demonstrated project management capability within a resource limited environment
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to the outdoor education and outdoor recreation sector
- Demonstrated capability to optimize the use of technology to achieve organizational goals.
This position will be based at Sydney Olympic Park, Homebush, with options to work from home.
For more information about ONSW visit http://outdoorsnsw.org.au/
For an information pack, please contact Lesley Bowen at email@example.com
To apply, please send in a cover letter addressing the selection criteria, along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: Sunday, 2nd February 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to provide a current NSW working with children check and a police check.