Baillie Lodges is Australian Luxury Defined. Our portfolio of intimate and remarkable award-winning lodges in unique wilderness destinations consists of:
- Capella Lodge on World Heritage-listed Lord Howe Island
- Southern Ocean Lodge on the coastal wonderland of Kangaroo Island
- Longitude 131° at Australia’s spiritual heart, Uluru-Kata Tjuta
- Silky Oaks Lodge set among the world’s oldest rainforest, The Daintree
Southern Ocean Lodge is Australia’s most extraordinary luxury lodge, offering a unique and exclusive Kangaroo Island experience. Twenty-one contemporary suites cantilever along the slope of the limestone cliffs, each with unbroken views of the Southern Ocean and dramatic coastal wilderness.
We are seeking a professional and enthusiastic Experiences Manager to lead our Experiences team and attend to our guests from around the world.
The essential element of this role is delivering the ultimate itinerary for our guests and providing in depth information about Southern Ocean Lodge and its surroundings. You will ensure the coordination of activities with all lodge departments, external operators and DEH/National Parks.
You will be responsible for all guides, training, accreditation and rostering. With a knowledge of and passion for natural history, flora and fauna, a flair for guest interaction and exceptional presentation and organisational skills, you are integral to the experience of each and every guest.
Skills and Experience
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications and/or significant experience within the hospitality/resort or eco-tourism industry
- Senior First Aid (essential)
- Full unblemished South Australian Driver Licence (essential)
- South Australian small passenger vehicle license, or ability to obtain
- Significant experience as a naturalist guide
- Detailed knowledge of Australian native flora, fauna and ecology plus a keen interest in continuous learning
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills with a strong guest focus
- Strong organisational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to make decisions with minimal guidance
- Highly motivated with strong leadership skills
- Experience in staff training and development.
Offers and Benefits
- Competitive package includes on site accommodation in our staff village, meals, discounts on spa treatments and boutique items
- Participate in activities and enjoy living amidst friendly wildlife and stunning nature
Living and working on Kangaroo Island is a once in a lifetime experience. Don’t miss the opportunity to wow guests from around the world and enjoy a culture of passionate uncompromising product integrity.
Experience us now at www.southernoceanlodge.com.au
This position is open to Australian citizens/permanent resident only or candidates with a valid Australian Work Visa.
To apply, please send through your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.