Welcome to One&Only, the luxury resort brand of Kerzner International, a leading developer and operator of destination resorts, hotels and casinos. Set in some of the most beautiful locations in the world, the One&Only name is a promise that each of our resorts will provide a distinctive and unique experience, underpinned by our passion for quality, fun and luxury. Our guests leave us with memories that are beyond comparison and that remain forever special. The heart and soul of One&Only is best defined by our number one core value: blow away the customer. Our ability to make this happen rests with the people we employ – people with the natural inclination and innate passion and desire to continuously delight guests while striving for perfection. One&Only is a company that inspires and rewards initiative.
A scenic 3 hour drive from Sydney, Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley is located in the greater Blue Mountains World Heritage Area. The resort forms the centrepiece for unique experiences and insights into Australia’s wildlife, history and cultural heritage. Due to continuous growth we have an opportunity for a Field Guide to join our team in the serene Wolgan Valley, regional NSW.
This role is to provide the personalised tours, field activities and services for the guests of Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley, through direct co-ordination with other departments. To participate and carry out routine ecological / conservation work and to act as the primary link between the guest and the field operations, being responsible for information delivery to guests with regards the ecology, history, and cultural heritage of the property; arranging of daily activities in line with Wolgan Valley services and functionality. At other times to carry property conservation and land care works.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that allocated guests receive the activities, tours and excursions in an informed and educational manner, while maintaining the policies, procedures and systems of Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley. This is to be carried out by maintaining personal contact with the guest, and providing continuity to the guests’ interactions with the other departments of the Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley.
- Arrange and conduct on and off-site activities, tours/transfers and special requests of guests ensuring maximum comfort and convenience for the duration of their visit.
- Be responsible for a particular zone of the resorts’ reserve area, with regards to ecological maintenance, security and monitoring, and to ensure its sound development as part of an integrated environmental policy for the property.
- Ensure that all equipment provided for the activities, tours and excursions, (including vehicles), is maintained according to the standards laid down by the Emirates One&Only Wolgan Valley Policies and Procedures.
- Actively maintain and update existing knowledge which is relevant to the resort’s services, and the function of being the primary information source for guests. Actively enquire and recommend the services, activities and facilities of the resort to guests and visitors, ensuring that they are kept informed of the full range of options available to them.
- As directed, carry out property conservation and land care works.
- Take a proactive approach to ensuring the guests experience is memorable by participating in guest activities, as required, within the scope of responsibilities.
- Respond to emergency situations which involve the staff and guests of the resort, and to ensure that in these situations the safety of people and the protection of company equipment is adequately achieved.
To be considered for this position we require:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of Australian flora and fauna, natural history, history and aboriginal culture
- Manual driver license is essential
- Experience in working with the public in a professional manner
- Ability to work with and engage children
- First aid certificates will be looked favourably upon
- Fluency in English is essential, any additional languages is preferable, but not essential.
If you feel you are the One&Only for this role we are keen to hear from you! Please send your CV to Scarlett.Peng@oneandonlywolganvalley.com. Only suitable applicants will be contacted.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.