Tasmanian Walking Company (TWC) and Australian Walking Company (AWC) Guides provide an outstanding experience that guests will remember for a life time – the walks we offer are an opportunity for guests to step out of everyday life and into wilderness areas that are one of a kind.
As a TWC/AWC Guide, it is your job to keep guests safe, happy, and healthy whilst on these walks, as well as showing care for the wild land and seascapes you lead your guests through.
No two days will be the same so to succeed in this role you will need to be guest focused, creative, pragmatic and professional, with excellent group management and a passion for connecting people with place, and caring for the environments you work in. You will be a team player with a positive attitude and have demonstrated bushwalking and multi-day hiking experience.
- Relevant bush walking experience and a good knowledge of the National Parks the walks are situated in
- Demonstrable knowledge and ability to provide interpretation about the area, flora, fauna, and history to guests
- Well-developed customer service, communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Hospitality experience; cooking, food preparation, presentation and service are highly desirable.
- Passion for nature, people and providing exceptional experiences
- Ability to maintain a clear view and professional approach in stressful situations
- Be able to resolve conflict or confrontation in a calm proactive manner
- Be confident giving and receiving constructive feedback on systems and performance.
- Current Wilderness First Aid (including SISOOPS305A and SISXEMR201A)
- Current Provide CPR (HLTAID001) – annual re-certification required
- Use hygienic practices for food safety (SITXFSA001) or equivalent (Food Handling Level 1)
- Provide Responsible Service of Alcohol (SITHFAB002) or equivalent.
For an application pack please email Clare Pitt at email@example.com
For more information about Tasmanian Walking Company and Australian Walking Company please visit: www.taswalkingco.com.au
Applications close: Wednesday, 17th July 2019.