Casual / Freelance positions 2019/20
- Do you really want to inspire and develop young people and organisations?
- Do you want to develop yourself?
- Do you want to be part of a positive and inspiring team that thinks likewise and is genuinely connected?
Kinglake Forest Adventures Camp (KFA) is looking for some new facilitators to join our existing team for the 2019/20 season.
KFA has a reputation for innovative programs that you will not find eleswhere. Our team is experienced, diverse and motivated and our camp is full of energy and achievements the team is proud of. Our end of camp reflections are great places to be!
As a group Facilitator you will be involved in delivering our industry leading camp programs with life skills development and wellbeing at their core. Delivered in an outdoor forest setting at our Residential Camp and on light expedition-based programs.
The team generally consists of one third Cert IV Outdoor Reccers, one third recent teacher grads with OEd or SportRec and one third just great natural group facilitators. The common thread is an unshakeable focus on outcomes, a desire to continually learn and an intention to make all others in the whole team the best they can be.
KFA operates from 800 hectares of parks and forests just 60 minutes North of Melbourne CBD. Onsite shared accommodation and all meals are included for crew. If you fit the profile and would like to be a part of the family please enquire ASAP.
KFA is also currently recruiting for weekend and school holiday facilitators for our tourism operation. Maybe this could be a better fit for you, or it may suit your schedule better if you are still studying. If you speak Chinese – even better!
Camp Facilitation Duties may involve:
- Facilitating initiative activities
- Delivering challenge ropes experiences
- Group facilitation throughout a themed camp
- Leading overnight and multi day hiking trips
- Coaching individuals and groups through experiential learning processes
Note: At KFA you stay with the same group throughout the duration of the camp experience.
- Outstanding interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Challenge Ropes Conductor certificate preferred but not essential
- CPR, Anaphylaxis management and Level II First Aid or willingness to obtain
- A commitment to truly understanding our programs including positive psychology and personal development components
- A passion for achieving individual and group development
- Current working with children card
- A Cert IV in Outdoor Rec or equivalent.
- Wilderness 1st Aid
- Hard skills in Bush walking
- Challenge Ropes Conduct or Supervise
- Outdoor Ed or Sport and Rec teaching qualifications
KFA is committed to creating a safe environment for children and young people. All applicants must comply to our child protection policy and drug and alcohol policy and will undergo an extensive screening process prior to employment. If hired, you must provide a copy of a current working with children card and any noted qualification certificates.
Applications including two experience related references to be sent via email to Maddy Bennett at email@example.com
Applications close when suitable candidates found.