Full-time, ongoing position
Higher Ground is seeking a Manager of Field Operations to be based out of our Mary Valley Experiential Education Centre and other venues as required.
- Manage, train and inspire a team of full-time and casual staff to deliver an outstanding programs.
- With the Head of Programming, own the overall relationship and scope of your client’s programs, ensuring your client receives agreed conditions in their program, including those aspects that may arise beyond the contract arrangement.
- Manage educational, operational and logistical aspects of programs.
- Manage client relationships at an operational level, ensuring you have a presence with their coordinator and in the school.
- Work with key stakeholders within the school, such as Year Level Coordinators, to ensure successful delivery of programs.
- Ensure quality delivery of programs including delivery of agreed educational objectives.
- Manage discretionary programming budgets.
- Development, management and governance of equipment store processes and procedures, including forecasting and purchasing.
- Maintenance and review of Higher Ground’s organisational and risk management policies; and standard operating procedures.
- Complete field work as allocated in a support and delivery context.
- Any other duties that are assigned by Higher Ground in the broad spirit and scope of the role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Diploma or Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation
- Wilderness First Aid and current CPR
- Open Manual Drivers License
- Blue Card.
- Degree or similar in a relevant field
- LR License with Driver’s Authorisation
- Boat License.
- Minimum 3 years previous experience in a manager/coordinator role
- Minimum 4 years field experience delivering outdoor education programs.
- Knowledge of South East Queensland expedition areas.
- A wide variety of refined outdoor activity skills at an expert level
- You have the ability to work with staff to maximise their performance potential, provide professional development opportunities and are familiar with performance appraisal process
- Excellent and tested program planning and logistical skills
- An ability to design, develop and coordinate centre and expeditions-based programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate with a broad range of stakeholders
- Well organised and able to effectively meet deadlines
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
Recruiting Manager: Jon Soper-Dyer – 0408 900 439
Contact Details: Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. If you would more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.