We are looking for applicants that have a passion for working with young people in an outdoor education and working farm environment. The position requires the leader to lead young people in outdoor adventure activities (cross country skiing, snow camping, hiking, white water rafting and abseiling), logistics activities in support of these activities, and farm-based projects (such as feeding animals and gardening).
Key Selection Criteria:
- Experience in leading adventure activities in an Alpine environment (qualified cross country/nordic ski instructors, abseil and/or white water rafting guides will be highly regarded).
- Extensive experience in working with young people (14-17 year old age group).
- Effective communication skills.
- A demonstrated strong and flexible work ethic.
- High level of physical fitness and mental resilience.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team.
In addition to the selection criteria, we will be looking for candidates with:
- A keen interest in young people and the bush.
- Experience or desire to lead young people in the outdoors.
- A sense of maturity and initiative ‘to have a go’.
- A commitment to working, living and learning as part of a team.
- An ability to take on increasing responsibility and autonomy in work.
- An ability to work through challenging times of stress and pressure.
- An understanding of Mittagundi philosophy.
- Experience living and working on a farm, or trade skills (mechanics, carpenters/builders and plumbers are handy!).
- A current Full Non-Restricted Manual Drivers Licences (preferably with experience and/or qualifications in four wheel driving).
- A Police Check and Victorian Working with Children’s Check (WWCC).
Please be aware that this is a full-time, limited tenure, live-in role; Mittagundi will become your home and workplace for the duration of your contract. Consequently, the requirements of the role (specifically the living arrangements) are not suitable for families.
If you are interested in this role, please go to our website (http://www.mittagundi.org.au/jobs/) and review the information about the role. If, after reviewing this information, you are interested in being considered for this role please forward your CV, logbook and a covering letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria and why you want to work at Mittagundi to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be processed as they are received, and interviews will commence immediately. Incomplete applications will not be progressed.
Candidates will start in Mid-Jan 2019. Any further queries can be directed to the Chair at email@example.com.