Salary: $865.40 – $1,094.10pw + super
Permanent full-time position
Not only is Camden the fastest growing LGA in NSW, it is also one of the most exciting and evolving organisations to work for, particularly if you are looking for a challenging and strategically focussed career which delivers tangible results for the community all whilst working in a flexible, contemporary environment.
Building Capacity to Deliver – Servicing Community Needs
Due to the growth of Camden Council and our commitment to providing exceptional parks, playgrounds, open spaces and significant places are well maintained, we are seeking the talents of a number of Open Space Technicians with experience in Parks and Garden maintenance.
If you have experience in Parks and gardens maintenance operating a variety of horticultural plant & equipment; small area mowers, brushcutters and tools used in turf and garden maintenance we want to hear from you.
- Experience in undertaking Parks and gardens maintenance activities
- Experience in operating a variety of horticultural plant & equipment; small area mowers, brushcutters and tools used in turf and garden maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to apply EEO, WHS and ethical practice principles and to act with probity at all times
- Ability and willingness to gain OH&S Green Card
- Sound verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to undertake training to gain necessary qualifications to undertake work required
- Experience in operating landscape plant & equipment (including tractors with mowing/slashing decks)
- Ability and willingness to gain further qualifications including AQF3 Working with Chemicals, RTA traffic controller certificate (Blue and Yellow or equivalent), First Aid, chainsaw operations, Cert III Horticulture, manual handling
- Previous experience in driving light trucks/Ute and trailer combinations
- Experience in Small plant maintenance
- Experience and/or training with Manual handling training
Further Information: Richard Smith, Parks Coordinator on (02) 4645 5182
Closing date: Monday, 22 January 2018.