Fixed-term & casual positions from Level 1-3
Merricks Lodge, located on Westernport Bay on the Mornington Peninsula, is recruiting for our 2019/20 season which begins January 2020.
Fixed-term Contracts – Level 2-3
- Full-time contract roles for 3 months beginning mid-January
- A mix of activity program facilitation, marketing, and administration
Casual Positions – Level 1-3
- Ongoing casual employment throughout the year
- A mix of activity program facilitation and administration
About the roles
We have an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic individuals with a passion for the outdoors and natural environments to join our activity program team. Successful applicants must be able to work independently and cooperatively and relate well to clients, staff and outside providers. You will play a key role in reinforcing existing client relationships and leadership in the activity program area in the 2020 season.
These positions require the candidate to facilitate a variety of outdoor adventure activities with a diverse range of client groups.
In return, we offer above usual pay rates and the opportunity to join a fun, progressive team whom take pride in delivering
- Community Surf Lifesaving Certificate or willingness to obtain
- Tertiary or TAFE qualifications in Outdoor Education, Outdoor Leadership or Environmental Education or proven equivalent experience
- Current Provide First Aid HLTAID003 & CPR
- Experience and a high level of competency in the marine environment (sea kayaking, snorkelling, surfing etc.) and other activities (high ropes, mountain biking, canoeing)
- A positive personality and excellent teamwork skills.
- Light or Medium Rigid Bus Licence and Manual Drivers Licence
- Wilderness First Aid
- Specialist skills or qualifications in a minimum of two outdoor activities e.g. Snorkelling, Sea Kayaking, Mountain Biking, Canoeing, High Ropes, Environmental Education, Bushwalking
For information regarding remuneration, please refer to our Employment Agreement, Appendix A: pp 39-41 and Appendix B: p54 at: https://www.fwc.gov.au/documents/documents/agreements/fwa/ae427585.pdf
To apply, please send a covering letter stating the position you wish to apply for in subject heading with your CV and the details of two professional referees to:
3670 Frankston-Flinders Road
MERRICKS, VIC 3916
Ph: (03) 5989 8422
Applications close 5.00pm Monday, 25th November 2019.
UCA is an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity and equal opportunity in employment. We welcome applications from all candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, First peoples and all others regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, disability and sexual orientation. UCA is committed to providing a safe environment for all including children. Successful candidates are required to undergo a National Criminal History Check and sign a Keeping Children Safe Code of Conduct. Successful candidates may also require a Working with Children Check.