Salary: $55,000 – $61,000 pa. + super
Assist in the development of the outdoor and adventure education programme, mentoring staff and management of camps.
Duties and Responsibilities
Vision: Personal Success | Global Outlook
Mission: To develop engaged global citizens aspiring to excellence, demonstrating integrity and valuing difference
All employees are expected to support the Somerset College community in the continued promotion of the philosophy of the College which is reflected in the Strategic Plan 2014 to 2018. Employees are expected to respect the confidentiality of the individual, and to treat all members of the College community with courtesy.
All appointments are at the Headmaster’s discretion, utilising the criteria, referee checks, work performance and the like to build a complete profile. The Headmaster reserves the right to invite applications and appoint without interview.
The successful applicant for this position will report to and assist the Dean of Activities in delivering outdoor education activities to the students. The role will include but is not limited to:
- Assist in the administration of the college Outdoor Education program.
- Organise and lead all college camps from Yr 2- Yr 11.
- Liaise with the Dean of Activities regarding staffing, safety, budgeting, catering and logistics issues before each school camp.
- Develop enhanced Outdoor Education opportunities for students e.g. Duke of Edinburgh or Outward bound.
- Contribute to the management of the multi-media profile of the Outdoor Education programs.
- Assist in keeping student records of attendance and achievement in Outdoor Education.
- Liaise with students, staff and parents where necessary.
- Adhere to specific details of Workplace Health and Safety requirements found in the Somerset College Staff Guide.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the aims and objectives of Somerset College.
- Maintain or obtain relevant qualifications/licenses (including a current suitability card).
- Operate the college indoor rock climbing club.
A formal Outdoor Education qualification would be an advantage.
In order to carry out these tasks it is necessary to:
- Complete tasks in a neat, diligent and timely manner with safe work practices.
- Be aware at all times of the need for safety and security of persons and school property.
- Adhere to specific details of Work Health and Safety requirements found in the Somerset College Staff Guide, as developed and updated.
- Exercise effective interpersonal and communication skills, including being contactable during working hours by school issued mobile phone.
- Be responsible for ensuring quality of own work.
- Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the aims and objectives of Somerset College as contained in the Staff Guide.
All applications should be directed to:
Dean of Activities
Mudgeeraba, Qld 4213
Applications close: Friday, 23rd November 2018.