Full-time, fixed-term for 2018 (January–December)
Christ Church Grammar School requires two Outdoor Education Assistants to be employed at its Outdoor Education Centre Kooringal, situated on the Murray River near the town of Dwellingup and 110 kilometres south-east of Perth. This is an outstanding opportunity to complete a Certificate III or IV in Outdoor Recreation while working full time.
The positions would ideally suit young enthusiastic persons who are keen to develop skills and knowledge in the outdoor education field. The applicants we are seeking should have completed Year 12 studies and preferably have worked or undertaken further studies for one year or more since leaving school.
The positions are for a twelve-month period, involving a broad range of tasks. These include:
• working with young people aged 10 – 17 years, in an outdoor environment.
• participating as an assistant instructor in a wide range of outdoor education and recreation activities including environmental education, canoeing, kayaking, bushwalking and abseiling/high ropes course.
• assisting with tasks relating to centre management: including catering, equipment maintenance, building and grounds maintenance and driving vehicles.
Although there are no prerequisites for these positions, the successful applicants should be keen to work with young people, enjoy being in the outdoor environment and possess a willingness to work and learn in all areas.
At the end of twelve months the successful applicants will have gained a range of outdoor recreation qualifications and centre management skills, including:
- Certificate III or IV in Outdoor Recreation
- Wilderness First Aid
- Bronze Medallion
- Defensive gravel driving
- Swift Water Rescue
- Canoeing and Kayaking Qualifications.
Accommodation, food and utilities are all provided during work periods.
For further information regarding this position please contact the Director of Kooringal, Ryan Myles on (08) 9538 1061 or mobile: 0427 102 082
Please ensure you have the following documents in your application:
- Covering letter outlining your skills/experience
- Curriculum vitae.
Applications close: Friday, 27 October 2017 at 12.00 pm.