Mt Binga Outdoor Education Centre
Contract position from 14 August – 1 December 2017
Mt Binga Outdoor Education Centre is owned and operated by Immanuel Lutheran College. It specialises in month long residential programs for groups in Years 9 and 10. Programs include high ropes, horse riding, archery, farm activities, hiking and camping, along with many other activities.
The main goal of the outdoor education program is that students experience community living and grow in their own self-sufficiency and confidence in who they are.
Mt Binga’s Values are that all participants will:
- Show Initiative
- Challenge Themselves
- Take Responsibility
- Respect Our Environment
- Have Gratitude
- Engage in Community
Suitably qualified instructors are invited to apply for the following:
Outdoor Education Instructor 1.0 FTE Contract
2017 Contract Period: 14 August – 1 December 2017 (With the possibility of long-term contracts beyond 2017)
- Applicants must be able to live and work within the Christian ethos of the College
- Cert III or Cert IV in Outdoor Recreation
- OR long term experience with horse management and care and animal husbandry, in a farm setting.
- Background in working with youth in a pastoral care/counselling role or equivalent Outdoor Education role would be highly regarded.
- Ability to recognise potential risks and emergency situations in outdoor activities and a rural setting, and coordinate responses where required.
- Hold current Senior First Aid certificate (Wilderness/Remote Area First Aid qualification will be considered favourably)
About Working at Mt Binga:
The Centre is a former logging camp and has been an Outdoor Education Centre since 1982.
Mt Binga is a small community of staff that live on site in modern accommodation. The closest country town is Blackbutt (24kms), with the closest city being Toowoomba (76km). You can expect to live a farm lifestyle, with some modern conveniences.
Further information including position descriptions are available at the website listed below.
Electronic applications including the names of three current referees, and addressing the Selection Criteria as outlined in the Job and Person Specification to:
Applications close 4pm, Monday 24 July 2017.