The Eagle Academy offers Certificate, Diploma and Advanced Diploma level courses to mainly international visitors on Student Visas.
- hold a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110 or its successor).
- Certificate IV or Diploma in Outdoor Recreation
- experienced in a range of activities such as kayaking, fishing, snorkelling, SCUBA, climbing and abseiling, bushwalking, and/ or other outdoor pursuits is preferred.
- 1 year or more industry experience is preferred. Please note the new Outdoor Leadership course that replaces Outdoor Recreation requires 3 years’ experience. This course may commence from Jan 2021. Therefore, 2 years or more experience is advantageous.
- live close to Brisbane & Gold Coast and be willing to travel between both locations weekly.
- have an LR licence or interest in attaining LR licence to drive academy 22 seat bus to excursions
- have an interest in developing the new Outdoor Leadership course.
The successful candidate will deliver training to (and assess) students in Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation. As a member of the team, you may also be required to develop curriculum and other relevant material. This position would suit a qualified teacher/trainer who has delivered AQF qualification courses, or units of competencies, to students studying VET Outdoor Recreation courses in the past.
The ability to develop a good rapport with students, and present as a friendly, professional and helpful team member is essential in this position. A culturally sensitive nature is required as well as a flexible attitude as the scope and nature of courses offered and other conditions can change as the Academy continues to grow and adapt to industry requirements.
Casual Trainers are employed on a contract period as agreed to at the time of employment. This contract automatically rolls over each term if no changes are requested by management or trainer. Candidates looking to make a long-term commitment to the position and Academy are preferred.
The available days of delivery are located at our Carina (Brisbane) and Southport (Gold Coast) Campuses on Tuesday and Wednesday (8.15am-4.15pm). Additional days may be available to the right candidate to deliver Certificates 1, 2 and 3 in Sports and Recreation and development days may also be added. The business day is 8 hours long including a 30 min lunch break. Our Academic Calendar includes 40 weeks of tuition and 12 weeks of holidays each year. Casual trainers will have reduced hours during holiday periods unless they are rostered on for course development or validation.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant would ideally be available to commence straight away.
Visit our website for more information: www.eagleacademy.com.au
Applications close as soon as a suitable candidate is found.