- Values-based organisation
- Genuine work-life balance culture
- Dynamic and supportive team
About the role
UC Camping, Grantville Lodge, is seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to take on a full-time fixed-term contract as Program Coordinator in 2020.
These positions require facilitating a range of outdoor adventure activities including High Ropes, Canoeing, Camp Outs, Bushwalks, Low ropes courses, Mountain Biking/Bike Ed, Beach Carnivals and environmental education. This leadership role will require you to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and experience in the delivery of outdoor recreational programs with diverse client groups.
- Help to create a positive and motivated staff team and culture across all areas of the site
- Liaise with teachers and group leaders, and delivery of safety briefs to visiting groups
- Occasional on call duties and weekend work
- Set up and pack down of activity areas
- Manage the quality of program delivery
- Ensure all equipment is safe, maintained and all use is recorded
- Manage the Standard Operating Procedures and Risk Assessments for outdoor activities
- Guide and instruct activities with a focus on safety, fun and professionalism
- Work with other staff to improve program delivery and design
- Recognise potential risks and emergencies and coordinate responses where required
- Provide assistance or support to other areas on site when needed.
To secure this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Outdoor Education/Recreation or a related field e.g. Environmental Science, Nature-based tourism, or agreed equivalent experience/qualification
- Three to five years successful experience in a related role of similar scope and complexity
- Able to mentor, coordinate and supervise staff at a lower classification
- Peak body qualifications in disciplines relevant to Outdoor Education, for example CSLC, snorkeling, and paddling
- Minimum 5-day wilderness first aid certification
- Possess other relevant licenses/certifications (e.g. heavy vehicle license, 4WD training).
To apply visit https://ucavictas.mercury.com.au.
Applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Applications close: Sunday, 24 November 2019.
UCA is an inclusive workplace that embraces diversity and equal opportunity in employment. We welcome applications from all candidates from culturally diverse backgrounds, First peoples and all others regardless of age, ethnicity, religion, disability and sexual orientation.
UCA is committed to providing a safe environment for all including children. Successful candidates are required to undergo a National Criminal History Check, sign a Keeping Children Safe Code of Conduct, and also require a Working with Children Check.