UC Camping Merricks Lodge
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Program Coordinator for a full-time or part-time contract role, commencing in June 2018.
We need a person who is passionately interested in outdoor education and camp life, and has the enthusiasm and ability to share that with others. The role involves program development, coordinating and leading programs, and actively marketing programs with our current and potential clients.
Most current programs revolve around a range of outdoor activities including; snorkelling, sea kayaking, canoeing, bike education and environmental interpretation.
This is a 12 month role. Depending on the successful applicant, there is the possibility of renewal.
The person we want:
- Is passionate about outdoor education and can communicate that enthusiasm to others.
- Has appropriate experience and/or qualifications in program delivery and facilitation
- Has experience in program design
- Works to ensure a harmonious and safe workplace for self and others
- Can manage logistics and staff across several simultaneous programs
- Is a great organiser and coordinator, with leadership and group management skills
- Can manage within a budget and still achieve a sustainable service and quality outcomes.
- Has tertiary qualification in outdoor education/recreation
- Demonstrates commitment to their own professional development, and that of others.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Minimum Diploma in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent
- Minimum of three years’ experience delivering adventure based outdoor education
- Experience / Expertise in camp-based delivery
- Provide First Aid and current CPR
- Community Life Saving Certificate (or ability to obtain)
- Current Working with Children Check
- Formal qualifications (or equivalent documented experience) in one or more of the following activities – snorkeling, flat water canoeing and/or kayak, sea kayak, bike education and initiatives.
Highly Desirable Criteria:
- Wilderness First Aid
- Manual driver’s license and light/medium rigid license
To apply please send only a brief covering letter with your resume, and the details of two professional referees to:
3670 Frankston Flinders Rd
For further information and a copy of a draft Position Description please call Jon Lazarus on (03) 5989 8422 or 0420 959 203.
Applications close 5.00 pm Sunday, 3rd June 2018.
UC Camping is a child and youth safe organisation committed to the protection of children and young people. All applicants will be carefully screened. Successful applicants will be required to have a police check and a current Working with Children Check.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com