Brief description of job role
This is a wonderful opportunity to join a brand new leadership team in the Malmsbury Camp, alongside Bec Fox, a business and leadership coach for camps, and with expertise for over 30 years. This is an opportunity for a fresh start, a chance to add to the culture and innovation of new programs at Doxa Youth Foundation and work with an organisation that is passionate about helping the neediest youth in Victoria. Doxa Youth Foundation is a for-purpose organisation that exists for the benefit of young people. We have been in operation since 1972 and our camping programs support over 5,000 young Victorians each year. We specialise working with young people from really challenging life circumstances. Everyone is different but this could be financial hardship, under-employment in the family or from newly arrived migrant and/or refugee status. Our aim at Malmsbury Camp is to provide exciting adventure programs, a safe and welcoming environment, and lots of fun for everyone who comes through our doors.
Our Malmsbury Camp is Doxa Youth Foundation’s jewel and offers high quality outdoor recreation camps for the youth and community. We run bespoke school camps, journey-based camps, school holiday and weekend programs. We operate with a small team of passionate individuals who foster a culture of excellence, professionalism and fun. We are like one large family so are looking not only for a highly skilled outdoor educator, but also a person who is the right match to be our Program Coordinator in our team. If you are energetic, fun loving, committed to bring your best self to camp everyday, passionate about working with mutli-cultural and the neediest youth in Victoria, love flexible work life, can contribute to a supportive workplace, and have a positive open mindset you are what we are looking for!
This is a full-time, new and dynamic role for someone with energy, innovation, extremely good organisation and communication skills and proven leadership, facilitation skills and program design.
Key duties – outline/list of key duties
The Program Manager is an integral part of the Malmsbury Camp management team, responsible for the preparation, facilitation, maintenance and evaluation of all adventurous activities at the centre, along with assisting with training and mentoring all Outdoor Education staff. The programs include journey-based programs, holiday programs, weekend programs and school camp programs.
The Program Manager will be responsible for, but not limited:
- Client services and bookings
- Program administration
- Program design and innovation
- Logistical support and management
- Adventure Activity Standards and SOPs
- Training Outdoor Education staff
- Rostering staff for programs
- Leading programs
- Marketing /PR and liaison with community.
- Victorian Police Check
- Victorian Children Check (Blue Card)
- Cert IV OR or Degree
- First Aid and CPR (preferable Wilderness First Aid)
- Low and High ropes conductor
- Bronze medallion
- Drivers licence.
- Bus licence Chief Warden or Warden
- Low and High Ropes Supervisor
- Canoe/kayak qualifications
- Rockclimbing and abseiling qualifications.
- Demonstrated a minimum of 5 years leading groups or a similar role
- Expertise in program management
- Expertise in writing risk management and Safety Procedures
- Experience in managing staff
- Experience in developing and delivering training
- Experience with ATAP accreditation
- Experience with Journey based and residential based camp experiences
- Experience in camp and journey-based program logistics.
Details of how/where to obtain full position description
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a PD. Remuneration attractive and above award. The remuneration will be on a sliding scale based on experience starting from $65 plus superannuation. Most importantly, you are the right fit, with a strong work ethic, passion for youth, lead others and deliver exceptional programs. This will be a fresh start across the board of programs so its an exciting opportunity to grow and adapt existing programs to produce great outcomes.
Please call Bec Fox for further information on 0407 915 300.
Please send your current CV, 3 referees and address the Selection Criteria to be considered for application to email@example.com. We will interview as we receive applications.
Applications remain open until a suitable applicant is sought.
Commencement mid-late January 2020 is our preference.