What is Wollangarra?
Wollangarra is an independent, non for profit organisation situated beside the Macalister River south of Licola, Victoria. A simple, yet powerful outdoor education experience provides the platform for Wollangarra to provide a realistic look at sustainability, self-sufficiency and environmental issues in a positive, friendly community. We believe that our way of life and the empowerment given to young people on our programs result in a truly new outlook on life, with many returning for further programs.
The Wollangarra program manager will be expected to act as 2IC to the director, supporting them to run programs, facilitate the staff team, work as a hike leader in the field, and take on job areas to support infrastructure around the property.
- Qualifications and experience working in the outdoor education industry
- Current Victorian Working with Children’s check
- Full manual drivers license
- Wilderness first aid qualification
- Qualifications or experience in chainsaw use
- Bronze Medallion
- Level one food handling certificate
- Demonstrated experience leading groups in the outdoors
- Demonstrated experience working with, leading, or teaching young people
- Experience working in and leading small teams in remote locations
- Ability to complete tasks on time with minimal supervision
- Desire to live in a remote location, without regular access to the internet or electricity
If you have any questions please contact Josh or Annabelle at the homestead on (03) 5148 0492. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see the position description.
If you think you’d be a good fit for Wollangarra, apply to Josh and Annabelle with your resume and cover letter to email email@example.com.
Applications close when suitable candidates are found.