Salary: $25.26 per hour (Camping Grade 3)
The YMCA Camp Manyung is a Recreation Camp located in Mt. Eliza on the Mornington Peninsula, 50 km south of Melbourne. The Camp is situated 300m from the Port Philip Bay foreshore. The surrounding environment is semi – rural / residential. Camp Manyung accommodates up to 160 people and operates all year.
The Camp is owned by the State Government of Victoria and managed by YMCA Victoria, under a 15-year lease that concludes in the year 2020.
YMCA specialises in delivering recreational camping programs to primary and secondary school groups during the 40 weeks of school terms and camping experiences to a variety of diverse community, sporting/recreation and family groups during school holidays and on weekends.
About the role
As part of the program team the successful applicant will be involved with the direct delivery of programming to both school & community groups, ensuring learning outcomes are achieved and that risk management procedures are adhered to. The position predominantly involves facilitating the camp programs, liaising with school teachers and group leaders, risk management and equipment maintenance.
As a program officer, you will be multi-skilled and capable of undertaking duties in other areas within the camp operations outside the program when required e.g. assist with duties in the areas of light cleaning and maintenance at the changeover of groups.
Knowledge & Experience
- Boundless enthusiasm and energy for working with a wide variety of people
- Highly developed verbal communication skills
- An ability to use initiative and be one step ahead
- Possessing a team oriented approach to the workplace is a must
- A flexible mindset as things are always changing as a Program Officer and you must be able to adapt quickly
- Experience in the delivery of outdoor recreation programs involving young people in residential camping or journey-based program setting.
- Demonstrated group leadership experience.
- Organisation and planning skills
- Committed to the YMCA values of caring, respect, honesty and responsibility towards camp client groups and fellow work colleagues.
- Certified High Ropes Conductor
- Surf Life Saving Community Bronze Award
- Level 1 Flat Water Guide
- Experience in Bike Maintenance & Guiding.
For information, including full position description: http://victoria.ymca.org.au/about/careers/job-search/program-officer-5617.html
For further position related information contact: Jack Dunstan on (03) 9788 1100.
Send your application to email@example.com before Friday, 8 June 2018.
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further child protection information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org