Youthworks, Christian Outdoor Education
Job Number: 0910Y
Are you a Christian Outdoor Educator who believes that not all lessons are best taught in the classroom? Are you equally passionate about Christian ministry to children and youth as you are about educating in the outdoors?
Youthworks provides Christian Outdoor Education programs for over 20,000 students each year by combining gospel mission and discipleship with outdoor education. This role is a fantastic opportunity for you to play an influential part in the growth and development of the Youthworks ministry and the team of Christian Outdoor Educators at Shoalhaven.
We are looking for a dynamic Christian Leader who can use their experience, skills, passion for Christian Outdoor Education and strong leadership presence to guide the Shoalhaven team forward as it seeks to bring glory to God through the promotion and proclamation of the Gospel of Christ.
Some of the key responsibilities of a Program Team Leader include:
- Working with schools to assist them in developing and designing a Christian Outdoor Education program.
- Operational and logistical planning for the delivery of programs
- Staffing and rostering.
- Ensuring the safe, high quality, efficient, on budget delivery of the relevant programs
- Safeguarding the integrity of the Gospel message as it is promoted and proclaimed on the school programs.
- Cooperating with the training department to continue the training and development of team members.
- Mentoring junior staff with specific reference to their development of Christian ministry skills.
- Maintaining compliance with standards and procedures in all parts of the local program operation.
- Managing and leading a team of 12 full time staff.
- Nurturing a positive Christian culture amongst the team that enables facilitation of the outcomes of temporary community programs.
- Actively contributing to the objectives of the Youthworks COE senior staff.
- Perpetuating a culture of positive feedback and continuous improvement.
- Working under the leadership of the Head of Christian Outdoor Education to achieve excellence in all facets of the ministry.
Remuneration will be discussed in relation to your qualifications, skills and experience.
Preferred applicants will be those who:
- Have had at least 4 years’ experience as a Christian Outdoor Educator.
- Have completed their Cert IV in Outdoor Recreation including current competence with Applied First Aid and Bronze Medallion.
- Have completed a Diploma of Theology or working towards this.
- Have the capacity for excellent Christian servant leadership and the ability to positively influence their team mates.
- Have a passion for Word Ministry and for training and mentoring Trainees and Leaders in this area.
- Have the character needed to display pastoral and servant attitude towards supporting their team mates.
- Possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Have demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for coordinating programs.
- Are structured and organised in their management of time, tasks, and administration.
- Have shown the resilience, strength and initiative needed to thrive under the additional load and responsibility of a leadership position.
- Are capable of setting high standards of professionalism including compliance with Standards and Procedures as well as a thorough understanding of, and rigorous approach to, risk assessment and management.
- Have a demonstrable passion for the outdoors, for education, and for seeing these upheld as a significant key to this ministry effort.
- Are not just committed to the vision, mission, and core values of Youthworks, but also embody the mindset of 360 degree leadership so as to positively influence others to the same end.
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the NSW Working with Children Checks, and successful applicants must have a verified Working with Children Check ID number for paid employment before an offer of employment can be made. Persons who are ineligible need not apply.
Applications should be submitted in writing together with a brief CV detailing relevant professional experience, ministry involvement, and current qualifications to email@example.com. Please include a past employer and your current church minister as a referee.
To note, part of the application process is filling out an application form which will be forwarded once applicants have submitted their resume.
General enquiries can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.