Department of Environment and Science
Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service
Salary: $57,866 – $63,318 pa. + super
Temporary, full-time position
The Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service is seeking an energetic and skilled Ranger to join a team based at Carnarvon Gorge section of Carnarvon National Park. The successful applicant will be required to perform general operational ranger activities including fire, pest, infrastructure maintenance and visitor management.
This position will assist with the development and delivery of projects and general estate maintenance. You may be required to work unsupervised for short periods in remote locations in a range of varying climatic conditions. On Park housing is available for the successful applicant – Sound interesting? We look forward to hearing from you soon!
To achieve the outcomes required by this role, you must be able to:
- Carry out park management duties including plant operation and maintenance, natural and cultural resource management, project management, fire management, weed and pest control and the development and maintenance of park infrastructure.
- Assist with the development and implementation of annual work programs for recreational and infrastructure development including the allocation of resources within a limited budget.
- Perform compliance and enforcement tasks on suspected breaches of relevant acts and permit compliance. Assist senior staff and staff from other Agencies with investigations as required.
- Perform general public contact duties including answering enquiries and providing advice, park patrols and undertake liaison with various stakeholders as required.
- Follow and assist in emergency response procedures including natural disaster contingency plans, wildfire response procedures, search and rescue procedures and medical emergency procedures.
- Participate in a team and assist with the supervision of subordinate staff, students and volunteers and implement and monitor workplace health and safety, staff performance management measures and equal employment opportunity principles and practices.
- Undertake administrative duties such as compiling and maintaining maintenance records and procurement of goods and services.
It is a mandatory requirement for the occupant of this position to hold a drivers licence and be willing to obtain a manual one if required.
For further information about this position and details on how to apply, please visit the Queensland Government Smart Jobs and Careers website www.smartjobs.qld.gov.au.
Job Ad Reference: QLD/309889/19
Closing date: Wednesday, 22 May 2019.