Department of Environment and Science
Queensland Parks & Wildlife Service & Partnerships
Salary: $76,415 – $80,407 pa. + super
Permanent, full-time position
The primary focus of this Ranger in Charge role is to take a leadership role in Infrastructure maintenance of Departmental assets of the North Tropical Coast. The purpose of this position is to lead and manage a diverse team to deliver the annual work program, especially in relation to infrastructure and assets, with a focus on human resource management. To be successful in this position you must be able to effectively lead and manage, make sound decisions, manage competing priorities, work autonomously and demonstrate effective communication and conflict resolution skills.
To achieve the outcomes required by this role, you must be able to:
- Lead, manage and coordinate a team rangers, contractors and other sub-regional staff to achieve departmental goals
- Perform administrative duties including compiling and maintaining maintenance records and procurement of goods and services, reporting on infrastructure maintenance and operations, respond to correspondence, public inquiries and internal reporting.
- Assist in planning and implementing annual works programs, infrastructure programs, public contact programs and special projects including emergency responses.
- Perform enforcement tasks including detection of breaches of the Nature Conservation Act 1992, Marine Parks Act 2004 and the Great Barrier Reef Marine Parks Act 1975, permit compliance, and assisting senior staff and staff from other Agencies with investigations.
- Foster effective working relationships with a range of external stakeholders regarding management of protected areas.
- Participate in and coordinate projects including fire, wildlife and pest management programs.
Applications to remain current for 12 months.
We are committed to building inclusive cultures in the Queensland public sector that respect and promote human rights and diversity.
Please ensure you download all attachments and follow the instructions on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy please ensure you read the documents below.
- 337511 20 Magnetic Island – Location (PDF, 348KB)
- 337511 20 Working on Magnetic Island (PDF, 750KB)
- 337511 20 Role Description (Word, 122KB)
For further information contact: Hayden Ferguson on 0407 225 218.
Closing date: Tuesday, 25 February 2020.