Antipodeans is Australia’s and New Zealand’s most experienced and much-loved school expedition company. Students, teachers and Antipodeans Leaders travel as a team on extraordinary 3 to 4 week adventures to amazing countries all over the globe.
Our Operations team are extremely experienced, very professional, dynamic, fun and above all, committed to providing “leadership expeditions” that develop real life skills.
- Overseeing operations of all aspects of overseas leadership expeditions and school tours for multiple schools/teams including preparation, logistics, budgets, itineraries and communications.
- Manage, prepare and support the students and teachers pre-departure and whilst overseas.
- Prepare itineraries, trip notes, budgets and risk assessments for each team.
- Liaise with teachers, students, parents, in-country providers to ensure a high quality experience for all.
- Lead expeditions and tours if desired and when possible.
- Tertiary Educated
- Extremely dynamic, professional and flexible approach
- Highly organised with an exceptional eye for detail
- Great relationship management skills
- Passionate about youth development and travel
- Willingness to travel interstate and work occasional weekends
Extensive experience required in the following:
- Outdoor education, Youth development, Leadership training, Teaching high school students
- Leading groups of teenagers in Australia/NZ and/or overseas on adventurous journeys/activities
- Back packer style travel experience and destination knowledge of developing countries
- Working in and/or coordinating community service activities with fundraising
- Although not required, Antipodeans Leaders are invited to apply.
Responsibilities – with schools
- Planning and co-ordination of student-led leadership expeditions and tours
- Liaising with teachers, parents and students through phone calls, emails and face to face meetings
- Working with teachers and students re: trip itineraries, logistics preparation and risk management
- Facilitation and delivery of parents and student meetings
- Maintaining quality control of student and teacher experience
- Effective client management to retain the schools for future programs.
Responsibilities – with Antipodeans Operations
- Itinerary design and development with students and teachers
- Preparation of budgets for teams travelling overseas
- Liaising with overseas providers re: logistics, community project and trekking arrangements
- Preparation of trip specific risk assessments and documentation for each team
- Facilitation and delivery of sessions at training weekends for students, teachers and leaders
- Support teams overseas as a member of the Operations team based in the Antipodeans 24 hour Support Centre
- Some overseas and interstate travel.
Location – Position based in Melbourne or Sydney
Remuneration Package – $ 60k to $70k per annum, dependent on experience, (plus bonus dependent on performance).
Annual leave – 4 weeks per annum, (plus an additional week dependent on performance).
To Apply visit – https://antipodeans.com.au/work-for-us
For further information contact – Georgie Cain, Senior Operations Manager, email: email@example.com
Applications close when a suitable candidate is found.