Regional Operations Group & Heritage Division
Salary: $101,221 pa – $112,760 pa. + super & annual leave loading
Temporary (up to 12 months), full-time or part-time position
The NSW Office of Environment and Heritage aims to enrich life in NSW by helping the community to conserve and enjoy our environment and heritage. For more information go to www.environment.nsw.gov.au
Primary purpose of the role
Provide advice to local and state government, proponents and the community on statutory and strategic planning matters and contribute to the NSW Government’s initiatives in relation to environmental planning, management and conservation.
- A position has become available in our planning team to provide expert input to environmental planning proposal and assessment matters
- A person with experience in the preparation or assessment of planning proposal (rezoning applications, LEP amendments, etc) or planning agreements would be well suited to this role
- A person with terrestrial ecological experience would be well suited to this role
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships to ensure involvement and engagement in developing programs and practices
- Knowledge of and experience in the interpretation of legislation, and experience in dealing with environmental planning and assessment issues.
- Experience in the assessment and analysis of strategic and complex conservation proposals.
- Current Drivers Licence.
Please read the following documents prior to preparing your application:
A Recruitment Pool may be established for future temporary and ongoing roles with similar focus capabilities. The Recruitment Pool may be available to hiring managers from OEH and other NSW Public Sector agencies over a 12 month period.
- Click the APPLY FOR JOB button at the top of this advertisement (you will be redirected to the Iwork for NSW website) and enter the Job Code: 00005SNC
- Provide your personal information as prompted
- Attach your resume that sets out your education, work history and other facts about yourself that relate to the role (maximum of 4 pages);
- Attach a cover letter that is relevant to the role (maximum of 1 page).
- Complete all the questions in the online application. Two of the questions will require you to provide specific examples from your experience (4000-character limit [including spaces] per question). These questions are shown below. Do not address these in your cover letter
Q1. Provide an example of a planning or development project you have assessed that required you to analyse technical information, identify potential issues and negotiate a positive biodiversity conservation outcome. How did you identify, negotiate and communicate suitable outcomes? How did you maintain relationships with key stakeholders?
Q2. Describe a previous role where you have had to manage multiple and competing priorities. How did you plan your work to achieve the deadlines required by each project? How successful were you and what factors contributed to your level of success?
The information provided in your application needs to show how you meet the focus capabilities and other essential requirements of the role. (Refer to the role description for details about the capabilities and the associated behavioural indicators. The role description also lists the essential role requirements.)
Our commitment to diversity:
OEH values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culturally and linguistically diverse groups and those with a disability.
Should you require further information about the role please contact Steven Cox on 0472 800 088.
If you have any enquiries regarding the recruitment process please contact Dragana Papak on (02) 9585 6817.
Applications close: Sunday 21 January 2018 at 11:59PM.