Geelong Grammar School is one of the world’s leading co-educational boarding and day schools offering exceptional education to all of its students, from Early Learning to Year 12.
Timbertop is Geelong Grammar School’s Year 9 full boarding campus, located in Victoria’s high country near Mansfield which offers a full academic and outdoor education programme designed to take advantage of the magnificent environment.
The primary focus of the Timbertop Outdoor Programme is bushwalking. Our students walk in small, semi-independent groups of girls or boys, and embark on routes that range from moderately difficult to very challenging.
We are currently seeking experienced female and male sessional outdoor educators for Term 4 2017 to be part of our Safety Network. The successful applicants will be experienced, hard working professionals who are passionate about the outdoors and able to work as part of a team and independently.
The following qualifications and experience are required:
- Current Wilderness First Aid (4 – 7 Day) or equivalent
- Working With Children Card
- Recognised qualifications in Outdoor Education (BA, Dip. Rec, Cert. IV etc)
- 10313NAT Course in Anaphylaxis Awareness or 22300VIC Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis (as required by Ministerial Order 706)
- Experience in leading adolescent groups on overnight bushwalks
- Sound navigation skills
- Strong work ethic
- A high level of fitness .
Ideally applicants will to be based in Victoria, have their own transport and recent experience in the Outdoor Education industry.
Expressions of interest, along with a current resume, should be sent to Dennis Bainger, Head of Outdoor Education via email: email@example.com
Applications close: Thursday, 4th May 2017.