Work 27 weeks per year, 3-year contract
Action Learning Initiatives is an organisation that has grown from a passion for snow sports and all things outdoors. We believe that an important part of a young person’s upbringing is their connection with the environment and being active outdoors. Based at Bungarra Alpine Centre we work in partnership with schools and other groups to deliver centre based, resort and expedition programs. We take young people on journeys into Kosciuszko National Park involving hiking, paddling, mountain biking, skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing and a host of other activities all with the aim of connecting them to outdoors to explore, dream and discover.
We are looking for an Operations Manager to join our team to deliver programs during NSW/ ACT Term 1, 2 and 4. A work contract for Winter may also be available for the right person to make the role year round if desired. The Summer Operations Manager will lead an experienced team to deliver high quality outdoor programs. The person we are looking for will have the following:
- Current tertiary qualifications in outdoor education and/ or recreation
- At least 5 years industry experience group leading and program directing outdoor programs
- Passion for the outdoors, working alongside young people and staff mentoring and leadership
- Be self-directed and have demonstrated ability to plan logistics, solve problems and prioritise tasks in a high workflow environment
- Knowledge and expertise in all Microsoft applications including Word, Outlook, Excel and Publisher as well as being a proficient internet user
- Willingness to work within Action Learning Values framework and Standard Operating Procedures
- Warm and friendly disposition and experience liaising and leading/ managing people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Current NSW Working with Children Check and NSW driver’s license.
- Experience delivering programs and familiar with Kosciuszko National Park and Snowy Mountains area
- Project experience working on Outdoor Policy and Procedure, Risk Assessment and related projects
- LR License.
An attractive remuneration package is available for the right person based on working 27 weeks of the year over a 3-year contract (with the possibility to extend). Action Learning offers a friendly team environment, access to training and development and the opportunity to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
For an application package containing full position details please contact Patricia at Patricia@action-learning.com.au
Applications close: Monday, 14th August 2017.
- Position Interviews: 16th & 17th August, 2017
- Position Start Date: Monday 9th October, 2017