Casual hourly rate of $33.05 + super
Temporary, casual position until Mid-March 2019
- Great summer job from December 2018 until March 2019
- Bring your parks passion and engage with our visitors for a great parks experience
About the branch
Melbourne Division consists of a diverse range of Local Ports, waterways, parks and reserves. Staff working within the Region are responsible for providing efficient and effective implementation of a broad range of often complex park management functions including natural, cultural and built asset management, visitor management and services, local port and waterway management, commercial management, community engagement, stakeholder management and emergency response. The Melbourne Division is responsible for the delivery of on-ground works and services that conserve environments, protect culture and heritage, manage visitor facilities and improve opportunities and support fire and emergency management.
About the role and your responsibilities:
As one of our Summer Rangers you’ll be based at either our Point Nepean or Mornington Peninsula National parks and ensure park visitors are provided with accurate information and friendly, courteous advice about the safe, sustainable use and enjoyment of Parks Victoria’s facilities and services. This role will see you work on several environmental projects and programs, including the delivery of the Hooded Plover breeding, monitoring and protection programs within Mornington Peninsula National Park. Summer Rangers are also expected too assist with visitor site projects, maintenance programs, park patrols, toilet facilities monitoring and other various parks tasks. With an increased number of visitors over the summer period, this role will require you to monitor and provide support on major events, recreational activities, park compliance and assisting in potential emergencies. As a Summer Ranger your passion for the environment and appreciation of the natural and cultural, and recreational values will be at the core of providing a great parks experience for all our visitors across this peak time
As this is a peak summer role, you will be a committed and dedicated individual as your availability over this period is crucial to you being successful for this role.
To be successful for this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in engaging with and communicating with customers
- Understanding and experience using basic manual tools and equipment
- Understanding and knowledge of national park principles and the general area
- Regular and unplanned travel to rural and remote areas of Victoria (including areas where no public transport options exist) may be required as part of this role.
To be considered your application must include:
- Your current Resume
- A cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) as outlined in the position description.
- In your Cover Letter, please also nominate your preferred location either being – Point Nepean or Mornington Peninsula National Park.
Join our innovative organisation and enjoy what you do, apply today!
For further information contact: Kris Rowe on (03) 8427 3212.
Application Closing date: Sunday 21 October 2018.
Parks Victoria requires all prospective employees to undergo a National Police Record Check prior to commencing employment.
At Parks Victoria, we recognise that diversity and inclusion are central to being a modern, high-performing sustainable organisation that can deliver our strategic vision to be a “world class parks service ensuring healthy parks for healthy people.”