Salary: From $38.50 an hour
Fixed-term contract until 30 June 2021
About the role
Join the Sustainable Living and Community Programs team at Coffs Harbour City Council as the coordinator and lead facilitator of a new sustainable living nature-based education program to be launched in the first half on 2019
Deliver environmental education experiences in the field and nature-based tours to community members and visitors from a diverse array of backgrounds and ages in locations across the Local Government Area (LGA)
Be responsible for ongoing marketing and promotion of the program and launch of new programs
Oversee evaluation of programs, maintain evaluation data and program reporting and work towards achieving key sustainability outcomes.
The ideal candidate will hold relevant tertiary qualifications and solid experience in working with industry or government to deliver community-oriented programs with sustainability outcomes.
To be successful you will also need the following:
- High level project management skills
- Demonstrated experience in development and facilitation of nature-based interpretive tours or environmental based education experiences in outdoor settings
- Strong working knowledge of the natural environment, biodiversity, natural/cultural heritage and environmental sustainability principles
- Demonstrated skills and practical knowledge of Microsoft Office programs and online content editing, including using social media
About Coffs Harbour City Council
Committed to the pursuit of excellence, we strive to deliver the excellent services that are desired and valued by our community, now and into the future. We stand by the values of delivering excellence in our services through innovation, recognising that our customers are at the heart of what we do, supporting our people to provide them the scope to deliver outcomes, working together to seek solutions both internally and externally and being transparent and responsible in all that we do.
What we offer
- Part-Time role with minimum of 14 hours a week
- Plenty of career growth and professional development opportunities.
- Significant scope for performance based salary increases.
- Join a leader in the industry and play a role in shaping the community you live in.
- Participation in innovative, challenging projects.
- Other progressive benefits such as employee wellness programs, opportunities to purchase additional annual leave and salary sacrificing options.
- Download the position description by clicking on Download PD.
- Boost your application by attaching a cover letter expanding on your suitability for this role.
Enquiries: Andrew Davis 0409 913 901 or Enzo Accadia (02) 6648 4129, email: email@example.com
To apply for this job go to: “coffsharbour.nsw.gov.au/Your-Council/what-we-are-doing/Pages/Positions-Vacant.aspx” & enter ref code: 4653806.
Applications close: Sunday, 28 April 2019.
Coffs Harbour City Council is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity and encourages