Salary: $67,248 – $106,758 pa. + super & leave loading
Brewongle Environmental Education Centre is located in the forest above the Hawkesbury River at Sackville North approximately 25 minutes from Windsor. It is part of a strong collegial network of 25 NSW Department of Education Environmental and Zoo Education Centres.
The Centre supports schools with curriculum implementation across a range of key learning areas, designing and implementing relevant and contemporary teaching and learning programs within the context of the natural, cultural and built environments. The Centre has no enrolled students and is attended by 6000-8000 students each year for day and camp excursions.
There is a strong emphasis on student centred inquiry-based learning programs utilising a range of information and communication technologies.
The Centre builds teacher capacity and ensures that students have the knowledge, skills and motivation to effect and manage positive change within a local and global context.
Brewongle has a tradition of leadership and innovation in Aboriginal education.
The successful candidate will be required to teach in a range of outdoor and indoor environments located at the Centre, other schools and locations.
- Demonstrated exemplary teaching practice, with approval to teach infants and primary and/or Science and/or Geography.
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and to work collegially to improve the quality of student learning outcomes in environmental and sustainability education.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver engaging and innovative, quality environmental and sustainability syllabus based education programs.
- A demonstrated capacity to integrate technology effectively into teaching practices and programs.
- Successful experience in non-classroom settings and demonstrated commitment to contextual, authentic learning including fieldwork.
- High level of communication and interpersonal skills.
Applicants are to include details of their WWCC clearance number as part of this application.
For further information contact: Steven Body on (02) 4579 1136.
Applications close: Wednesday, 20 June 2018 at 4.00pm.