Salary – $45,147 – $48,247 pa. (pro-rata based on load) + 9.5% super & In-field Payments
Salary Commensurate on experience
- Experienced Educator
- Career Progression
The Team Mentor role is specifically designed to support the needs of the Outdoor Educators in the Camps environment. As senior members of the field team, the team mentors hold a unique position to coach, role model and train best practice in the field of outdoor education. As a Team Mentor with The Outdoor Education Group, you will work alongside a Program Coordinator to manage/coach/mentor a pod of staff. As a leadership team you will work with the staff members in your pod to develop their practice in delivering quality outdoor education programs. The team mentors will benefit from succession planning to progress into Program Coordinator and Staff Development Trainer positions across our organization.
Applications should include:
- Covering Letter addressing role criteria.
- Resume & Logbooks.
- Have a passion for outdoor education and the benefit it brings to the building of social capital in young Australians.
- Extensive experience as an Outdoor Educator, ideally in a camps/hardtop environment
- Want to work with staff to maximise their performance through coaching and mentoring
- Minimum TAFE (or similar instution) Diploma level skill sets e.g Climbing/Abseiling, High Ropes/Low Ropes, Canoe (or significant equivalent experience).
- Previous experience in acting as a trainer in canoeing and/or abseiling/climbing, or high ropes/low ropes highly advantageous but not essential.
For further information and a full position description please contact our Careers Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1800 888 900.
Please Note: Due to changes to Australian Immigration policy with respect to sponsorship restrictions, International applicants are advised to contact us in the first instance to discuss their application.
Closing Date – Friday, 21st December 2018.
All employees of The Outdoor Education Group are required to hold a current Working with Children Check and Australian Federal Police Check. Please include a copy in your application, or note your willingness and ability to obtain these checks to meet our requirements.