Salary: From $20.22/hr + super
Full-time, fixed-term position from 15th April to 9th October (6 months – peak season visitation period).
- Conduct guided tours
- Reception and museum shop duties
- Cleaning Workshop and Reception
- Provide excellent customer service
- Assist with Lodge Housekeeping
- Assist with ENHM and Lodge catering
- Assist with collecting Social Media content
- Assist Museum operations & programs
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace and abide by WHS policies and procedures
- Other tasks as directed.
Skills & Experiences
- First aid and CPR certificate
- Blue Card registration for working with children
- Food Handling – Food Safety Level 1
- Previous experience in customer service or as a tour guide are not essential, enthusiasm, interest and willingness to learn are more important. On the job training will be given. An ideal applicant may have experience in the following:
- Front-line customer service or interpretation experience for a tourist attraction, educational or not-for-profit organization
- Electronic point-of-sale and cash handling experience
- Experience with reservation manager software ‘Newbook’
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Well-presented, friendly and polite
- Interested in public speaking, interpretation and education
- An understanding of what excellent customer service is and able to deliver it.
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
Written applications are invited and applicants should provide:
- A Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details (address, day-time telephone and email) for at least two people who are willing to assess your suitability for the position if they are contacted on a confidential basis.
- Employment application form pack, available on the Employment page of the Museum website
- If possible, a photo or brief video or links
Your application, with attached documents, should be marked “Confidential” and sent to:
Eromanga Natural History Museum
PO Box 20, Eromanga, Qld 4480
Applications will remain open until the position is filled.