We are seeking motivated and passionate outdoor guides to join the Trek Larapinta team for the upcoming Larapinta season, commencing early April 2019.
Who we are
Trek Larapinta is an award-winning ecotourism trekking operator specialising in small group walking holidays on the Larapinta Trail, within the Tjoritja National Park in Central Australia.
To provide our guests with consistent high-quality ecotourism experiences through small group trekking tours on the Larapinta Trail.
About the role:
- Full tour guiding services on vehicle / camp supported walking tours on the Larapinta Trail;
- Facilitate a high level of interpretation with the main focus on each individual guest being able to reconnect and create a sense of place on the Larapinta Trail;
- Manage and maintain high standards of Trek Larapinta campsites and tour animation components;
- Preparation of all high-quality meals and associated catering and hospitality;
- Tour preparation and clean up as required and directed;
- Tour vehicle, trailer and equipment maintenance and management;
- Be able to administer wilderness first aid whilst on tour to anyone to whom your duty of care may extend;
- Maintain safe work place practices for yourself, colleagues, guests and the public; and
- Demonstrate a “Leave no Trace” commitment and understanding towards ecotourism principles, conservation and the natural and socio-cultural environments we work in. This includes softly educating our guests to be respectful of our unique natural and cultural environments.
We are looking for guides with:
- Established outdoor guiding experience;
- A passion for trekking, travel and the outdoors;
- A passion for Central Australia and trekking;
- Excellent customer service skills and experience;
- Strong organisational and time management skills; and
- Flexible lifestyle.
- Current Wilderness First Aid or higher such as Wilderness First Responder or Expedition Medicine;
- Current CPR certificate;
- Current Public Passenger Vehicle accreditation;
- Light rigid driver’s license; and
- Food Handling Level 1 certificate.
- 4WD driver training certificate / license and
- Tertiary qualifications in tour guiding, tourism or environmental studies.
To apply please send an up to date resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Applications close when all guiding roles have been filled.
Consistent guiding rosters on offer from April through to September 2019.
DREAM ~ EXPLORE ~ DISCOVER ~ RECONNECT