The Southern Alpine Resort Management Board (SARMB) objective is to provide a product and service, at Mount Baw Baw and Lake Mountain, that exceeds the expectations of our visitors at all times during both the winter (white season) and summer (green season) months for the purpose of increasing our visitation numbers significantly all year round and improving the quality of our offerings.
Reporting to the General Manager of Lake Mountain Alpine Resort (LMAR), the Visitor Experience Manager will lead and manage the Visitor Experience Team in the creation, implementation and delivery of our visitor experience program in alignment with the development and delivery LMAR tourism / adventure / products. The role is situated at Lake Mountain Alpine Resort and is a short 20min drive from Marysville.
What we need from you:
- A relevant qualification in Event Management/Tourism/Marketing/Communication.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Extensive management of outdoor recreation, outdoor education or nature-based/adventure tourism experiences in the field.
- Demonstrated track record of workplace behaviours consistent with Victorian Public Sector Values and code of conduct.
- Strong organisational skills. Capacity to manage time effectively, identify workload priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with managing a budget.
- Strong experience in Event Management, Brand Communication, and Sponsor/Partner Activation, with a strong background in bringing creative experiences to life.
- Experience in managing a critical set of responsibilities across multiple stakeholders and departments by working closely with internal operational departments and vendors and various town/local/community groups and organisations to secure permits and collaborate on community wide initiatives.
- Significant proven success and effectiveness in a leadership role.
- Alpine industry knowledge and experience an advantage.
What you get in return:
- Access to free ski school lessons, free season lift passes, discounted ski hire, free resort entry and staff F&B discounts.
- A laptop, phone, and access to a vehicle for work purposes will be provided with this position.
- Great opportunities for further training and development opportunities.
- No peak hour traffic and beautiful pristine views of Victorian alpine country.
Please provide a resume/CV and covering letter addressing the key selection criteria in the position description. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police and Working With Children Check and a Drug and Alcohol test. For a copy of the position description please email email@example.com gov.au.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and applications that do not address the key selection criteria will not be shortlisted.
Applications close: Friday, 16 November 2018 at 6.00pm.
You must have the right to live and work in Australia to apply for this job.
Southern Alpine Resort Management Board is an equal opportunity employer.