Full-time (5 days, 38hrs p/wk) position
Starting Date: August/September 2020
A rare opportunity for the right Outdoor Education professional.
This 2IC role offers great variety from office duties, bookings and finances, management of facilities and infrastructure as well as design and delivery of our outdoor recreation programs ranging from primary to secondary residential camps, school holiday programs for disadvantaged, deserving and special needs groups, to expedition based youth at risk programs.
- Understanding of grounds and infrastructure management
- Multi-skilled in camp bookings, administration, and follow-up sales.
- Direct management of site facilities, coordinating maintenance and cleaning teams on day to day duties as well as managing large infrastructure projects.
- Supporting Program Manager in program design and delivery.
- Supporting Operations Manager in hiring of new staff and performance monitoring of existing staff
- Supporting Operations Manager and Admin Officer with invoicing, bookings, and finances when applicable
- Providing clear direction to all staff for day to day tasks required to run programs and maintain the site.
- Ensuring Accreditation, policies and procedures, risk management is maintained and adhered to.
- Being part of the ‘On Call’ roster.
- Running activities such as High Ropes, canoeing, initiatives, if the need arises.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Understanding of volunteer culture
- Sound computer skills in excel, word, social media management, cloud storage
- Sound understanding of programming and demonstrated experience in client and staff management.
- Demonstrated experience in working outside previous job descriptions when required
- Understanding of what it takes to work for a Charity.
- Demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated experience in programming and logistics of Outdoor Education programs.
- Cert IV in Outdoor Education/Recreation or above is highly desired
- Industry experience in managing a residential school camp or experience in Outdoor education in a range of formats from journey based to residential camps.
- Bronze Medallion or higher
- Experience in basic pumps, engines, carpentry skills in highly desired.
- Current Working with Children’s check
- Wilderness First aid desired or willingness to obtain
Salary package – $60,000 to $70,000 PA incl Superannuation depending on applicant’s skill and experience levels. On site accommodation is available to the right candidate.
Please send a copy of your CV with 3 Referees and a cover letter addressing the KSC and why you would be perfect for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office (03) 5148 8791 for more information.
Applications close when a successful candidate is found.