- Permanent job upon successful completion
- A generous employment package
- Dedicated training and development opportunities
- Position locations: Townsville, Brisbane, Gosford, Newcastle, Sydney, Wollongong, Albury, Canberra, Melbourne, Hobart, Adelaide, and Perth.
The ATO Graduate Program will bring out the best in you and help you launch your career in the Australian Public Service.
About the ATO
At the ATO, you’ll do work you can’t do anywhere else. Work that is meaningful, diverse and challenging. We do work that makes a real difference to the lives of Australians – work that might take you somewhere unexpected.
The ATO is a world-leading tax and super administration focused on integrity, expertise and contemporary service.
We contribute to the economic and social wellbeing of Australians by fostering willing participation in our tax and superannuation systems. We’re committed to meeting the needs and expectations of the Australian community.
Your role in the ATO
As an ATO graduate, you will be part of an award-winning program and a unique and robust learning experience. We pride ourselves on being consistently recognised as a leading graduate employer.
Your 12-month Graduate Program involves training, work placements and mentoring and support in your field of study.
Your graduate year gives you an unmatched opportunity to develop your professional network and make friendships along the way with a diverse range of people.
We give high priority to building your capabilities, and we provide a culturally diverse and safe working environment. We want you to enjoy a full and varied career with us.
- an intensive 12-month program
- challenging work rotations to develop your skills and explore different areas of interest
- a program manager to support you throughout the year
- dedicated training and development opportunities
- a competitive starting salary of more than $64,000
- an employer contribution of 15.4% to your chosen superannuation account
- in addition to the standard 20 days annual leave, we provide additional leave during the Christmas closedown period
- flexible working arrangements
- a workplace culture that is supportive and promotes equal opportunity
- an excellent social and networking base with fellow graduates.
On successful completion of our graduate program, you’ll:
- gain an ongoing role
- advance to the next classification level APS4
- receive a salary of more than $73,000
- continue to receive a wide range of employee benefits, including more than four weeks annual leave, annual salary advancement and flexible working hours
- be able to explore further study and qualifications such as practical legal training and the chartered accountants program through our tuition assistance program (TAP) or study leave options.
What you need to know
Start your journey as an ATO graduate by visiting ato.gov.au/grads. From there, you can find out more about the Graduate Program, the recruitment process and start your online application.
If you’re successful, you’ll commence the program in February 2022.
The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under section 26 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner’s Directions 2016. This vacancy is open only to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants within the meaning of section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975.
You are welcome to apply to our Graduate Program providing you are:
- an Australian citizen or will be by 30 January 2022
- have completed at least an Australian Qualifications Framework Level 7 qualification (a Bachelor degree) equivalent, or higher equivalent
- be in the final year of your degree or have completed your university studies within the three years prior to the time of your application (9 March 2018 – 31 December 2021) and are
- able to provide evidence of completion before the start of the program
- be able to obtain and maintain a valid Australian Government security clearance once accepted onto the program when required
- be willing to undergo any Police, character, health or other checks required.
When to apply
Applications open on 9 March and close Wednesday, 14 April 2021 at 11:00 pm AEDT.