Camp Laurence is located on 11 hectares on the western bank of Lake Moogerah. It is an outdoor recreational and educational extension to St Laurence’s College in South Brisbane. A dining hall, kitchen, ablution block and dormitories can accommodate 150 students plus staff. There is a playing field, camping space for 200 students as well as high and low ropes and other outdoor adventure education activities.
We are recruiting experienced, enthusiastic and passionate Camp Manager, to join our team commencing October 2021.
The Camp Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of the programs and camp staff at Camp Laurence, as well as the promotion and hiring of the campsite and facilities. The Camp Manager will oversee the day-to-day operation of Camp Laurence, assist with the promotion of the facilities, organise bookings and develop and coordinate camp programs. In particular, the Camp Manager is responsible for growing the business by marketing and promoting the facility to potential customers in Queensland and Northern New South Wales.
The Camp Manager works with other College staff to provide the best possible programs, facilities and grounds for students, staff, parents and visitors to the camp. The Camp Manager assists the Senior Groundskeeper with the promotion of a positive and effective safety culture at Camp Laurence.
The ability to work outside normal working hours is a must.
The following qualifications and experience are required:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience in a similar management/operations role
- Relevant Tertiary qualification eg Certificate IV in Outdoor Recreation, Business Administration, desirable
- Must have knowledge and experience in outdoor education, including facility hire and development of programs.
- Must have Financial skills (eg budgets, timesheets, etc)
- Must have strong Computer skills
- Must have a current Blue Card
- Hold a Wilderness First Aid/CPR Certificate (or ability to obtain)
- Hold a current Manual Drivers Licence.
A full copy of the Position Description can be downloaded from the “Employment” page on the College website (https://www.slc.qld.edu.au/about/employment) and Camp Laurence’s website (and https://www.camplaurence.com.au/about/employment) or can be forwarded on request.
Applications should contain the following:
- Covering letter;
- Document addressing the Selection Criteria on page 5 of this document; and
- Current Curriculum Vitae;
- Two (2) Professional Referees.
Further information on the role can be obtained by contacting:
Ms Lorraine Kopp, Director of Human Resources, St Laurence’s College, on mobile 0407 656 866 or email email@example.com
Note: All applicants will be subject to EREA and legislative screening procedures and will be required to authorise such checks and provide identification. These checks are consistent with EREA’s commitment to child protection policies and procedures.
Applications should be forwarded via email to: the Principal, St Laurence’s College at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close: 9am, Monday, 2 August 2021.