Log Cabin Camp is located on the edge of Creswick set in a peaceful bushland setting. The camp is a very popular spot for school camps, corporate groups and retreats providing home style catering for groups between 50 and 140 campers.
We are seeking to offer employment to an enthusiastic and reliable Chef or experienced Cook to join our small but committed catering team at the camp in a permanent full-time position.
The position will include working as a chef/cook, managing the kitchen and kitchen staff, overseeing and coordinating special diet/allergy meals, planning menus, ordering stock, as well as supporting our current cooks and kitchen assistants with the view of maintaining and adding to our small friendly team environment.
Previous experience as a chef or cook catering for large numbers is preferred.
- Competent in a commercial kitchen and have sound knowledge of food preparation, cooking, and dietary meal requirements and experience ordering and maintaining stock.
- Proven knowledge of Food Safety and HACCP Principles.
- Working with Children’s Check
- Food Safety Certificate or the ability to acquire one.
- Good Personal Presentation and Grooming with a positive attitude.
- Enjoy working in a small outgoing team environment with a ‘can do’ attitude!
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment at times.
- Have strong inter-personal and communication skills especially dealing with children and customers and a friendly and approachable personality
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
This is a full-time position available from late Jan 2022 – with the option to start earlier.
The position would suit someone looking for a good work/life balance with most catering normally from Monday afternoon until Friday lunch with only occasional weekend work. Mainly during school terms, with no late nights (Chef typically finishes by 7pm).
Please send expressions of interest along with your resume and at least 2 referees to: email@example.com
Applications close: Tuesday, 30th November 2021.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as applications may be reviewed prior to the closing date; and as such the closing date is subject to change without notice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.