Youthworks, Christian Outdoor Education
Port Hacking Conference Centres, Royal National Park
Youthworks is seeking a Christian Outdoor Team Leader to join our Rathane team. Youthworks Christian Outdoor Education leads the way in professional Christian Outdoor Education. Through the practise of temporary community, the passionate, enthusiastic and highly skilled team use outdoor learning experiences to bring together bible-based discipleship and outdoor education in a unique and powerful way. The team is made up of a talented bunch of people who love Jesus, seek adventure in the outdoors and believe that not all lessons are best taught in the classroom. They are just as passionate about Christian ministry to young people as they are about adventurous experiences in God’s creation.
About the role
As the Christian Outdoor Education Team Leader, you will manage and lead – motivating and maintaining the spirit, vision and focus of the team. Oversee and have responsibility for all aspects of the Christian Outdoor Education environment including but not limited to management of staff and program services such as safety, risk management and equipment maintenance.
- Lead program delivery operations
- Overall responsibility and leadership of the team through rostering, training, supervising, mentoring and performance monitoring of Christian Outdoor Education staff
- Provide clear direction to Christian Outdoor Education staff for day to day tasks required to run programs and maintain facilities
- Develop and lead biblically sound and age appropriate Christian talks
- Contribute to providing a safe, inclusive, and supportive environment for participants
- Lead and instruct a range of activities within the outdoor education program in a professional manner
- Interact with participants / guests in a friendly and courteous manner and communicate accurate and consistent information as it relates to Youthworks’ policies and procedures.
A successful applicant will need to have:
- Qualifications in Outdoor Education (Certificate IV level or higher).
- Qualifications (current) in First Aid and Water Rescue
- Qualifications in Theology
- Current church-based child protection training endorsed by the Safe Churches Training Agreement
- Current experience in leading best practice outdoor programs (at least 4years)
- Demonstrated experience in staff management
- A thorough understanding of, and rigorous approach to, risk assessment and management
- Ability to infuse the Christian ethos into teaching practice
- Commitment to personal ongoing learning
- Demonstrated resilience, strength and initiative needed to thrive in a leadership role
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and to be flexible to reflect changes in priority
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office applications
- Personal Christian faith and willingness to work within an Anglican organisation.
- Leadership or Management qualifications
- Budget management experience
- Light Rigid Licence.
To note, part of the application process is filling out an application form which will be forwarded once applicants have submitted their resume.
How to apply
Anglican Youthworks is committed to the Working with Children Checks; persons who are ineligible may not apply. A valid Working with Children Check number for paid employment must be obtained and verified prior to an offer of employment being made.
If you would like to apply for this role or find out more about it, please go to our website https://youthworks.net/careers/coe-team-leader-ra-2021.
If your skills are a fit, you will be contacted by a member of our recruitment/HR team.
For general enquiries please email email@example.com.
Applications close: Once the position has been filled.