2 Year Contract (with 3rd year option)
Mittagundi is seeking a new Director(s) for the next exciting chapter in Mittagundi’s history.
As the Director(s) you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of Mittagundi and executing the strategic plan set down by the Mittagundi Council. Your primary focus will be to run successful and rewarding programs for young people.
About the Role
The Director’s role is immensely challenging and rewarding. You will be required to draw on a large range of skills including outdoor education, knowledge of the bush, educating others about environmental sustainability, practical farming skills and fund raising to support our small successful non-profit organisation. The Director(s) are responsible to the Mittagundi Council and report to the Council Chair Person. Director(s) are required to participate in Council meetings throughout the year.
- Foster the spirit that makes Mittagundi work so effectively by maintaining connection with community, people and the environment.
- Implement and build on the Strategic Direction Plan for Mittagundi
- Manage the operations of Mittagundi including:
- outdoor activities/programs with young people and the property, including animals, land and buildings.
- managing and working alongside staff and young people in the mountains and at Mittagundi.
- implement risk management, occupational health and safety and compliance whilst retaining unique experiences for young people.
- Select, manage and work with the Mittagundi staff including:
- annual selection of a staff team made up of 5-6 staff
- manage and guide the journey of the staff team, being supportive, compassionate, discrete and directive at times.
- work effectively with the Bookings and Communications Manager and the Staff Support person.
- Maintain and expand the Mittagundi “network” and fundraising activities
- Ensuring course bookings are maximised by taking the Mittagundi message to schools, community groups and youth organisations.
- Ensuring the ongoing financial viability of Mittagundi including liaising with existing supporters of Mittagundi as well as creating new ones to ensure the vibrancy and enthusiasm of the Mittagundi community is maintained and Mittagundi continues to generate a philanthropic stream of revenue.
Key Selection Criteria
- Demonstrated behaviours and values consistent with Mittagundi’s philosophy.
- Experience planning and implementing programs working with young people, preferably in the outdoors.
- High level leadership experience and management of a staff team.
- High level written and verbal communication skills and high-level interpersonal skills including a capacity to develop constructive relationships with young people, staff and the Mittagundi community.
- Small business management skills and/or the willingness to learn.
- Fundraising experience.
- Practical skills that may benefit Mittagundi; e.g. farming, mechanical, building and outdoor skills.
- A passion for hard work and the understanding of the reward from this.
- A love of early mornings.
Mittagundi aims to be the best personal and professional experience available for people in all areas of the organisation from the participants to the directors, staff and council. As a Director you will have access to training, resources and support to help you grow with the position. You will live at Mittagundi in the peaceful Glen Valley area with the staff team and have the opportunity to become part of the local community. It is expected you will fulfil the role for a minimum of two years with a possibility of a third year.
Written applications should address the key selection criteria outlined in the position description on our website www.mittagundi.org.au/jobs or contact Mittagundi Council Chairperson, Mike Heffernan 0417 502 331 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: Sunday, 13th June 2021.