The Equipment and Logistics Manager at Tharwa is a pivotal role within the leadership team. It will be responsible for developing and implementing management strategies to provide efficient and effective equipment and logistics support for programs. This includes identifying equipment, vehicle and communications equipment maintenance, stocktake, needs and procurement approaches; process review of logistics aligned with new digital software and effective maintenance and asset management. The Equipment and Logistics Manager will work closely with the Program Coordinators, the Head of Operations and the School Director to plan and deliver program support safely and effectively and respond to client feedback. The Equipment and Logistics Manager will manage relationships with staff, contractors, suppliers and volunteers to create a productive, positive work environment.
Established in 1956, Outward Bound is the heart and heritage of outdoor adventure and experiential learning in Australia (see video link ). Outward Bound Australia has provided outdoor education programs for nearly 500,000 participants since its inception. Our programs include expedition based adventures, travelling through National and State Parks, hiking, camping, climbing, paddling, caving to provide participants with opportunities for challenge and adventure – to build confidence, resilience, social skills and connection with the natural environment. OBA is a part of an international network of Outward Bound schools in over 30 countries.
A successful applicant will have:
- Tertiary Education in outdoor education, fleet and/or warehouse management.
- WWCC in all states and territories that Outward Bound operates in.
- Manual driving license, unrestricted.
- Medium Rigid licence and experience preferred.
- Practical experience in the outdoors preferred .
- Experience maintaining, logging and storing equipment.
- Experience with working in a collaborative high performing team.
- Demonstrated strengths and experience in stakeholder relationship management and digital communications.
- Demonstrated experience in complex operational and logistical management.
- Reporting and compliance knowledge and experience.
Attributes and Abilities
- A strong, inspiring understanding of outdoor and experiential learning.
- A relationship builder with excellent communication skills and the capacity to build a vision, bring others along and close deals in alignment with OBA’s vision and values.
- Practical ‘can do’ implementation and problem-solving skills.
- Accountable, hard work ethic, driven by passion and commitment to the vision.
- Care for the environment and love of the Australian bush.
Want to know more about this position? Download the Position Description.
To apply please send your resume with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close when a suitable candidate has been recruited.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.