At Baptist Care SA, we find ways to make people’s lives better.
Baptist Care SA provides out of home care, disability care, youth education and employment, homelessness, and therapeutic support services. We work tirelessly to help South Australians achieve their full potential. Baptist Care SA is committed to working with the State’s most disadvantaged, championing local issues and connecting with people to provide transition pathways from adversity to opportunity.
Baptist Care SA’s Adventure Services offers campsite and expedition based outdoor programs for over 12000 South Australians every year helping people connect to themselves, others, God and the natural world through outdoor experiences.
The Role – Casual Positions
The Group Facilitator position facilitates safe adventure based and activities at Wirraway, Mylor Adventure Camp or in a multitude of off-site locations, which aim to meet the needs of the participants, resulting in people becoming more connected to themselves, others, God, and the natural world. Reporting to the Program Coordinator some key duties will include:
- Provide leadership and supervision to clients during adventure-based programs to ensure high quality service delivery in accordance with the requirements of program design, relevant legislation and Australian Adventure Activity standards
- Effectively manage risks to ensure the safety of program participants and staff
- Provide leadership and direction to other Group Facilitators as required in a consultative manner
- Contribute to improvement in practices and effective use of resources in order to improve performance
- Deliver the Christian content for school groups and the Muster program within agreed parameters and to a high quality
This role is suited to applicants with a professional and energetic approach who have a passion for seeing others grow and become a healthier, more connected version of themselves through facilitating purposeful outdoor activities. You will be an engaging person who also has the following skills and experience:
- Cert III in Outdoor Recreation or equivalent experience. Youth Work or related qualifications may also be considered with appropriate experience
- Hold or actively working towards at least one adventure activity specific qualification related to bush walking, rock-climbing, kayaking, mountain biking, high ropes etc
To be considered for this role, you MUST also have, or be willing to obtain the following:
- A valid DHS Working with Children Check
- Training – Safe Environments for Children and Young People
- Training – Provide First Aid HLTAID003 or equivalent
- Ability to travel within South Australia
- A valid full South Australian C Class driver’s license
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours will be required
- Current membership and attendance within a mainline Christian denomination.
For further information please email your queries to Justin Farrell, email@example.com
Applications close: Sunday, 26 September 2021.
Baptist Care SA is committed to the safety and protection of all children and vulnerable people and as such applicants will be considered in accordance with our safety practices and suitability.
Candidates who are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.