Salary: $114,077 – $120,116 pa. + super
Permanent, full-time position
The overarching objective of this role is to deliver the content driven visitor experience at the Cascades Female Factory, the Coal Mines and the Port Arthur Historic Sites.
- In liaison with the Director Public Programs design, plan and implement the experience and interpretation program strategy.
- Lead the development of experiences and content across the three sites for delivery via a range of mechanisms: interpretative spaces (galleries, exhibitions, house museums and physical site interpretation), digital (website and digital experience), print and live experiences (guided experiences, content driven events).
- Ensure the authenticity and accuracy of information prepared in relation to the sites, and contribute to research and public information programs and projects.
- Ensure that all experience and interpretation programs and projects are developed in line with contemporary conservation principles and practices, especially the Australia ICOMOS Burra Charter 2013 and its supplemental Practice Notes.
- Project manage the design, planning, documentation, implementation and supervision of designated interpretation and experience projects (both capital and maintenance).
- Manage the visitor journey, wayfinding and public space presentation at Port Arthur, Cascades Female Factory and the Coal Mines Historic Sites.
- Actively use visitor research, community engagement, testing and proto-typing in the delivery of projects and program to ensure that decision-making and experience development is visitor-focused and data-driven.
- Manage and mentor the Experience and Interpretation Project Officer and other staff as required, and supervise the work of external consultants and contractors.
- Contribute to the ongoing training of Tour Guides, with an emphasis on thematic interpretation approaches, and other PAHSMA staff as required.
- Undertake other tasks and duties as directed by the Director Public Programs
Evidence of the following must be presented prior to appointment to this position:
- A university degree of at least three years duration, or equivalent, relevant to the professional duties to be undertaken.
- Postgraduate qualification in a relevant cultural heritage, museum studies or design field.
Statement of Duties and Associated Documents
- 2021_5_19_SoD Interpretation and Experience Manager.pdf
- Info for Applicants – Interpretation and Experience Manager.pdf
How to apply
Please apply online by clicking the ‘Apply for job’ button. (You will be redirected to the jobs.tas.gov.au website)
In order to be considered for this position it is a requirement that you address the selection criteria which are located in the Statement of Duties and provide a folio of work that supports the key selection criteria.
Refer to the ‘Information for Applicants’ document for further information.
Please note, attachments must be in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact the PAHSMA Recruitment Officer on (03) 6251 2357.
For more information
Director Public Programs
0429 426 435
Applications close: Monday 14 June, 2021 11:55 PM AEST.