Calling for Expressions of Interest from – Senior Rangers, Scientists, Land Managers, Natural Resource Management Professionals, People Managers, or Station Managers.
- Permanent full-time, hands on, active, coordination role
- Based in Port Stewart, Cape York, Queensland. Princess Charlotte Bay area.
- Successful ranger program and supportive leadership team
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- 2 x return flights per year from Coen to Cairns
- Salary sacrificing options
- Uniforms supplied
- Vehicle provided for work purposes
- Accommodations options available
The key thing is you are a good people and project manager. You can work respectfully with us and get the job done. This position is about coordinating our three teams of rangers, based on Lama Lama Country. It is a middle management, hands-on role. It involves working outdoors, managing assets and mentoring our team.
We are looking for someone suitable for a minimum 2-year contract to join our team. We’d also consider shorter term options. Or perhaps your workplace is interested in a secondment. We are happy to talk to them.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a great leader – clear communicator, enthusiastic, practical, problem solver
- Be interested in working remote for a small family run not-for-profit Indigenous organisation
- Have respect for Aboriginal Culture and an interest in learning more
- Have experience in land management – dealing with weeds, fences, pests, visitors and managing infrastructure
- Have experience in sea country – our rangers wish to get more involved in monitoring critically endangered species like turtles, dugongs, sawfish, dolphins
- Be able to operate a computer, GPS, 4WD, tractors, machinery, and perhaps even be a skilled coxswain
- Be keen to share their experience and knowledge.
- Be happy to live on country at our Port Stewart (Yintjingga) Ranger Base on Cape York, or work from Cairns, Weipa, Cooktown. Accommodation options available in nearby Coen.
Yintjingga Aboriginal Corporation, in Cape York, Queensland, is a homelands-based; community-driven, not-for profit organisation with the objective of improving the social, cultural, environmental, and economic wellbeing of the Lama Lama community.
The Yintjingga Aboriginal Corporation operates the Lama Lama Ranger Program and focusses on the protection and promotion of their tradition and culture including natural and cultural resource management activities across the land and sea estate which takes in most of the Princess Charlotte Bay region located south-east of Coen.
To be considered
Send us your resume! And any further info you’d like us to know about you. And if we think you might be a good fit, we will contact you to make an application.
For any enquiries about the role please contact Caitlin at HR Dynamics: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07 4020 8878.
Applications close when a suitable candidate is recruited.